What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tough Case - Easy to Remove iPad

Pdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, subject says it all. I live in the sticks so haven't handled any of the tougher cases (Griffin, Otterbox, etc) but am in need on one for periodic use outdoors. Not needing the precise clarity of the retina display for the software I'm using, but I do want the case to allow the iPad to be inserted and removed with relative ease. A bud had an older, tough case (uncertain of the brand) and he said the main thing he disliked about it was that while it held and protected the iPad well, he always felt he was damn near the point of breaking either the case or the iPad when removing it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Pdog

Daughterjudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a "Bear Motion" Folio case. It has a built-in stand. The iPad is held in place by a velcro tab, very secure, but very easy to undo when you want to take the iPad out. Recently, my purse was stolen and then discarded in a shopping center parking lot. The thief apparently didn't recognize my red case as an iPad. A car ran over my purse, pulverizing a mirror, a roll of tums, and a few other small items. Some how, my iPad escaped serious damage except for a dent in the back. It still works great! I don't know who did the best job, Apple engineers or the Bear Motion case, but the screen is fine and all of the ports are working.

The Bear Motion case is available on Amazon for about $25.00. There are several colors available, but red makes it difficult for me to leave it behind!

pcoleman721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The survivor and defender are pretty hard to get in and out. I have a Pelican 1065 Case and its great. Waterproof to 3ft submersion and crush proof. I noticed with the survivor, defender, lifeproof cases, you can't use the ipad when it's wet anyways (the water messes with the screen giving random button presses) just a storage case seemed like the right thing.

Marline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wanpool.com
I bought a TFY Leather case holder on Amazon , its also held by Velcro and works quite well, I was worried it will drop in a bumpy long trips or the kids could rip it off from the headrest, my testing changed my mind after I got it, it's actually tightly fit, very sticky, and leather is soft so I don't worry the kids would get hurt by hitting on the hard corners. There's QR code on the packaging, I scanned and viewed their site, it's a tablet mount seller with many types of case holders , looks a pro.

Supercali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've looked into these cases you're referring to since I had the same needs, I'll mention some of them so you can have an idea and start from there. Uzibull ekto, devicewear station, ballistic tough and ls, otterbox reflex, bobjgear, m-edge safegrip, seidio active. I have the ipad 4 and all of these have their models for the 4. Take a look at each of them, their reviews in amazon and youtube. I personally have the uzibull earlier generation for the ipad 2 and recently ordered their new one.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions

Latest posts