What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touchpad problem

sjbt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After my grandchildren played games on my iPad and gave it back some things don't really work. I'm hoping its a settings change that may be screwed up.

When I click on an icon a black border appears, then I have to double click to open the program. However, scrolling or using finger touches to move anything doesn't work. I've never seen this happen before. I can't move the browser screen down to scroll. I can't change the screen by scrolling left to right. It makes the iPad pretty useless.

This is an iPad version 1 that I bought just before the iPad2 came out.

Any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try a reboot, which helps a lot of issues: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

See if that helps. And please let us know how you're getting on or if this doesn't help.

Marilyn

Christophxr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After my grandchildren played games on my iPad and gave it back some things don't really work. I'm hoping its a settings change that may be screwed up.

When I click on an icon a black border appears, then I have to double click to open the program. However, scrolling or using finger touches to move anything doesn't work. I've never seen this happen before. I can't move the browser screen down to scroll. I can't change the screen by scrolling left to right. It makes the iPad pretty useless.

This is an iPad version 1 that I bought just before the iPad2 came out.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you have voiceover on but your volume must be down since you can't hear the voice. This function is for people with limited to no sight. To disable this, try triple clicking the home button. It should either turn off or give you a menu to turn it off.

OP
S

sjbt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much. Voiceover was turned on. It's working fine now!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You let your grandchildren play on your ipad? wow,I won't even let my husband touch mine.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
You let your grandchildren play on your ipad? wow,I won't even let my husband touch mine.

True so vey true, my beloved and very precocious 7 year old granddaughter decided to alter all the presets in my copilot8 satnav on my iphone4, was days before i realised it was set to pushbike - I drive a 1 ton van lol!

Most reactions