What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch Screen / Super Sensitive..

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How I Don't Know.. But my iPad has become Super Sensitive to the Touch Screen.. How can I Unstick Things.. Please & Thank You...

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you by any chance activated Assisted Touch under Accessibility ? If so, you could switch it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Assistive Touch is Off .. The Keyboard has became Uncontrollable.. Goes Ape Nuts to Touch

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has the iPad had any repairs done in the past? Like a glass or screen replacement?

Nope .. Have not had to take in to an Apple Store.. The only thing New to this iPad is a New iPad Case..lol... btw .. As I'm typing this Reply the Keyboard Gremlins have Disapated ..lol.. Hmmm...lol..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot, and I haven't heard of it happening recently, but in the past poorly grounded power supplies (usually thrid party) have been known to cause all kinds of erratic touch issues.

If you've had the problem while the iPad is plugged into the charger, try again and see what happens. If the issue returns, get a new charger/power supply, pronto. Preferably one approved by Apple.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've had the problem while the iPad is plugged into the charger, try again and see what happens. If the issue returns, get a new charger/power supply, pronto. Preferably one approved by Apple.

Yep.... Yes, that seems to be the source of my Misery ..lol... Have to bite the bullet and spend more $$$ for an Apple Approved Charger..lol.. Or Just leave the iPad alone while it's Charging.. btw, Though I did notice sometimes the Charger taking longer to Recharge my iPad

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't spend dollars. It's what I've noticed myself... You just have to hover your finger over the screen and stuff happens:confused:.
Put it this way. It's a known fact that different peoples' fingers generate more or less a natural electrical charge. Just google "capacitance" to get the idea. That phenominon will affect your iPad's screen sensitivity. Sometimes i've found that it can be a bit of a nuicance to keep your mits away from the screen.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Put it down to an electric personality:)
Andrew

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't spend dollars. It's what I've noticed myself... You just have to hover your finger over the screen and stuff happens:confused:.
Put it this way. It's a known fact that different peoples' fingers generate more or less a natural electrical charge. Just google "capacitance" to get the idea. That phenominon will affect your iPad's screen sensitivity. Sometimes i've found that it can be a bit of a nuicance to keep your mits away from the screen.
Andrew

You may want to reread the thread. The OP has stated that the issue occurs when the iPad is plugged into the charger and Twerppoet is right about aftermarket chargers causing the problem.When it comes to Chargers and charge cables, it's best to avoid third party ones and stick with the official Apple products. Besides bursting into flames and causing touch screen issues (iPhone 5c will lose touch altogether when plugged into certain 3rd party chargers), non Apple certified chargers will destroy components inside your iPad leading to very expensive repairs or replacing your device.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andrew

;) Yep, That Too..lol.. Have been known to Suffer from the "Fat Finger Syndrome" from time to time:eek:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep.... Yes, that seems to be the source of my Misery ..lol... Have to bite the bullet and spend more $$$ for an Apple Approved Charger..lol.. Or Just leave the iPad alone while it's Charging.. btw, Though I did notice sometimes the Charger taking longer to Recharge my iPad

If you can manage it, you might want to test it again with another charger before buying. While I said it's been the charger's fault in the past, it is not a certainty. Then agian, if it is one of those cheap knockoff chargers, then replacing it is a good idea anyway. The main way they make them cheaper is cutting corners on the safety and relaiabilty of the charger.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can manage it, you might want to test it again with another charger before buying. While I said it's been the charger's fault in the past, it is not a certainty. Then agian, if it is one of those cheap knockoff chargers, then replacing it is a good idea anyway. The main way they make them cheaper is cutting corners on the safety and relaiabilty of the charger.

10-4.. I'm running the Battery Down on the iPad , then I'll go through the routine.. But yes we do have a couple of Knock Offs floating around here...lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts