Touch Screen / Super Sensitive..

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by NorPlan, Feb 25, 2016.

1. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    How I Don't Know.. But my iPad has become Super Sensitive to the Touch Screen.. How can I Unstick Things.. Please & Thank You...

2. Jupiter7

Jupiter7
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Have you by any chance activated Assisted Touch under Accessibility ? If so, you could switch it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The Assistive Touch is Off .. The Keyboard has became Uncontrollable.. Goes Ape Nuts to Touch

4. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Has the screen been replaced in the past?

5. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  6. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Has the iPad had any repairs done in the past? Like a glass or screen replacement?

7. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Nope .. Have not had to take in to an Apple Store.. The only thing New to this iPad is a New iPad Case..lol... btw .. As I'm typing this Reply the Keyboard Gremlins have Disapated ..lol.. Hmmm...lol..

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Bit of a long shot, and I haven't heard of it happening recently, but in the past poorly grounded power supplies (usually thrid party) have been known to cause all kinds of erratic touch issues.

If you've had the problem while the iPad is plugged into the charger, try again and see what happens. If the issue returns, get a new charger/power supply, pronto. Preferably one approved by Apple.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yep.... Yes, that seems to be the source of my Misery ..lol... Have to bite the bullet and spend more $$$ for an Apple Approved Charger..lol.. Or Just leave the iPad alone while it's Charging.. btw, Though I did notice sometimes the Charger taking longer to Recharge my iPad

10. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't spend dollars. It's what I've noticed myself... You just have to hover your finger over the screen and stuff happens:confused:.
    Put it this way. It's a known fact that different peoples' fingers generate more or less a natural electrical charge. Just google "capacitance" to get the idea. That phenominon will affect your iPad's screen sensitivity. Sometimes i've found that it can be a bit of a nuicance to keep your mits away from the screen.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Put it down to an electric personality:)
    Andrew