What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch screen only works when very cold

Dodger46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put ipad 2 in fridge for 5 minutes and it will work perfectly for a while till it warms up. Have replaced digitizer, no improvement. Screen maintains orientation as normal, so assume only digitizer input to logic board is failing. At a loss as to what else to try, perhaps another logic board? If anyone has any suggestions...

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a logic board issue. Not sure a logic board repair on an iPad 2 would be worth it, or even feasible for something so random as the problem you are describing; but it you have access to someone who specializes in this type of repair ,go for a quote. If you don't and are in the US check out mendonipadrehab.com .

OP
D

Dodger46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Tend to agree with your observations, there is a chip on the board specifically designated for the capacitive touch. guess I would need to change the whole board to fix, I'm in the UK and there don't seem to be many available. Plus the cost of a new one not worth it anyway. Guess I'll have to keep a lookout on Ebay for a used one, no-one offering a repair service locally that I can find. Would need a BGA machine to replace the chip, but I'm not tempted to go down that road!

Most reactions