Totally disillusioned with iPad 2!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Surfer01, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If'd you'd like to donate it to an educational organization or underpriviledged family...I am sure there would be many takers for your ipad! That might be a thought...Good luck with your finding a new tablet to fit your needs.

2. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I agree with the OP, somewhat.
    Yes, the iPad is SEVERLY limited compared to the newer tablets that are coming out. If I could, I would go for the asus transformer that just came out. I will always keep an iPad though. But I am going to go for an android phone because of apple's limitations.
    But you live with what you have.

On the contrary, because the iPad does have some limitations, it works extremely well in other areas. Yes its Bluetooth sucks, but the good really outweighs the bad here. I am very glad I bought an iPad instead of something like the HP TouchPad. (...shudders...) Yuck.

iPad isn't for everyone, but it does appeal to the majority of people and the way that it works so well and the design are what makes it the dominant tablet on the market. Hopefully the iPad 3 will blow everyone away and make the iPad the obvious choice again.

#12 graywolf, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  3. oberkc

oberkc
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, one of the lessons I learned during my iPad experience was to get a second opinion. Much of what I was told by salesmen was wrong (sometimes by omission). This does make doing the research more difficult.

I still find the iPad to be pretty useful. I can work around most of the issues and can live with that.

4. Czevski

Czevski
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    OPlayerHD will open many video files. When you have it on your iPad, just tap and hold the video file until you get the option to open in OPlayerHD. There is a free lite version.

5. Poser

Poser
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    For what you wanna do with bluetooth, just research other ways of getting the job done....there is ways.

The new 4S has bluetooth 4.0 and the newer Macbook Air does too. Bluetooth 4.0 have more features and better battery life.

Maybe dropbox can assist.

6. pokerbloker

pokerbloker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

To OP, some answers...
    1. Never had a problem with pairing of bluetooth to numerous non-Apple devices including Creative bluetooth speakers.
    2. You can play flash content with the aid of numerous apps including iSwifter.
    3. In order to print wirelessly, you just need to buy a $30 HP Air-print capable printer from Best Buy.
    4. As someone already mentioned, OPlayer is perfectly capable.
    If you are still frustrated with your Ipad, I will gladly offer $200 to take it off your hands.

Regards.

7. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Most of the complaints boil down to you didn't do research. There are work arounds for some of your issues though.

8. Redneck_Randy

Redneck_Randy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    +1 on that comment.

9. oberkc

oberkc
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    -1 on that comment.

10. zipur

zipur
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm another one who agrees with the OP it drive me nuts on some of the thing apple excludes and there is no good reason. Drag-n-drop is a major point for me. While I'm at work I would like to save a document to the iPad. Answer Dropbox ...ah no this and many other software apps are not allowed on our network. So my work around is Evernotes. It work but I still wish I could just drop file to my iPad. However I can't live without my iPad sitting next to me. In fact I wish there was a neck strap so that all I would need to do is look down a stat tapping. But to each his own.

I'll ofer you $201.00 and pay the shipping if you want to sell it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.