What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

torrent downloads

themickster13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My ipad is jailbroke, has cydia and I have installed torrent downloader safari plugin. I am able to download torrents into the safari downloader into the /tmp location but am not able to retrieve those files. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any suggestions.

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

Ipad is my first contact with an apple product and I've spent the last 2 days figuring it out. I managed to jailbreak it and I've installed safari torrent plug-in; the thing is - the torrent was very slow so i wanted to delete it and didn't know how. so i clicked "save to" and lurked around those files (btw. i believe i accidentally deleted 1 random file :S - don't know which one anymore, or in which folder it was) so i wanted to ask - how to remove the torrent from the torrentlist and remove those (if they exist) temp files from ipad.
I just hope that the file i deleted won't cause any trouble.

would really appreciate any help

edit:
also, i would like to know if it's possible to download warez onto ipad? like megaupload,hotfile links etc.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
swangrit said:
Ipad is my first contact with an apple product and I've spent the last 2 days figuring it out. I managed to jailbreak it and I've installed safari torrent plug-in; the thing is - the torrent was very slow so i wanted to delete it and didn't know how. so i clicked "save to" and lurked around those files (btw. i believe i accidentally deleted 1 random file :S - don't know which one anymore, or in which folder it was) so i wanted to ask - how to remove the torrent from the torrentlist and remove those (if they exist) temp files from ipad.
I just hope that the file i deleted won't cause any trouble.

would really appreciate any help

edit:
also, i would like to know if it's possible to download warez onto ipad? like megaupload,hotfile links etc.

You can download anything with safari download manager on Cydia. Works with any download, including sites such as megaupload.

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so i've managed to download an avi file via safari download manager (though now safari torrent plugin doesnt work) but i can't locate that file anywhere to play it on buzz player.i tried with ifiles but there's nothing (0 documents). I remember choosing MEDIA folder on s.d.manager so i wonder how do i access it?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
swangrit said:
Ok, so i've managed to download an avi file via safari download manager (though now safari torrent plugin doesnt work) but i can't locate that file anywhere to play it on buzz player.i tried with ifiles but there's nothing (0 documents). I remember choosing MEDIA folder on s.d.manager so i wonder how do i access it?

Go to safari, and tap the safari downloader tab. You should see the file. Tap it and it will say open in file or it will show another app you can open it with. Tap the app that you use to play it.

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tried and nothing happens...i've installed ifile, buzzplayer, 0player and when the download is finished (a 350 mb avi file) it doesn't matter which out of those 3 options i choose - nothing happens!

and i've noticed that my available capacity info (in settings) doesnt change when i delete the file i've just downloaded.... weird

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
swangrit said:
tried and nothing happens...i've installed ifile, buzzplayer, 0player and when the download is finished (a 350 mb avi file) it doesn't matter which out of those 3 options i choose - nothing happens!

and i've noticed that my available capacity info (in settings) doesnt change when i delete the file i've just downloaded.... weird

The capacity only measures the stuff on your ipad you can edit such as music and videos but it only looks in the folders that the music and videos are in. It doesn't search the whole filesystem. I bought a 16gb ipad but the ipad says that I have 14gb to use.

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine's a 16 gb wifi ipad, too.
do you have any suggestion why it won't open an xvid (avi) file downloaded via safari download manager? :S

yeah, and it's downloaded (that's what it says in safari dm) to the var/mobile/Media/Downloads folder
but when i enter that folder (in ifile) i can only see some random manifest file
:S it's really frustrating, i've been trying to figure it out for 4 straight hours

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
swangrit said:
mine's a 16 gb wifi ipad, too.
do you have any suggestion why it won't open an xvid (avi) file downloaded via safari download manager? :S

yeah, and it's downloaded (that's what it says in safari dm) to the var/mobile/Media/Downloads folder
but when i enter that folder (in ifile) i can only see some random manifest file
:S it's really frustrating, i've been trying to figure it out for 4 straight hours

I have never had any problem with safari download manager.

Most reactions

Latest posts