What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torn between an I Pad 2 and a Macbook Air 11

Geo411m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
r12rtpilot said:
I really appreciate all the insights everyone has provided. This is probably one of the most user friendly sites to noobs I've ever visited, and believe me, I am a noob at lots of stuff!:D

Now, I just need to find an I Pad 2...doesn't seem to be one available anywhere! Maybe I'll have to play hooky and go stand in line one morning...:eek:

Steve in So Cal

Morning? You need to get in line around 3am to get one, I kid you not.

Sent from my iPad

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey R12RTpilot

I'm an R1150RT pilot. But on subject, just go to Apple.com and order exactly what you want. It will appear at your door exactly as advertised. I did. No muss, no fuss, no lines. Pour a cuppa and relax with a good book.

OP
R

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ridesroadsandeats.com
I'm an R1150RT pilot. But on subject, just go to Apple.com and order exactly what you want. It will appear at your door exactly as advertised. I did. No muss, no fuss, no lines. Pour a cuppa and relax with a good book.

This will probably be the way to go....I cannot see myself waiting in line at zero dark thirty hours for a toy...thanks to this forum I've decided the Ipad 2 is what I want.

Got a nice Mac at home and a work PC....It's not as though the Ipad is going extinct. Think I'll order one online, go for a long motorcycle ride, and just wait for it....:D

Thanks everyone, again, for your great responses in helping me clarify my decision...

Cheers,
Steve

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried a Mac Air and I am deceived with 1 point

What kind of Ethernet card doesn't have 10 100 1000 even if it's USB

Prefer having WIFI then 10 100 card lol

Kayno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
r12rtpilot said:
I've been mulling over both and my brain finally defaulted to "neither." Too hard of a choice!:confused:

Steve in Glendora

It's pretty simple really.. Do you need a computer? If you do, get an Air. Else if you already have a computer and need something light and fun u can carry around and do trivial and some serious tasks on, then get the iPad 2. Note: since I got my iPad 2 I rarely ever touch my Mac. Only to backup and sync files.

OP
R

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
r12rtpilot said:
I've been mulling over both and my brain finally defaulted to "neither." Too hard of a choice!:confused:

Steve in Glendora

It's pretty simple really.. Do you need a computer? If you do, get an Air. Else if you already have a computer and need something light and fun u can carry around and do trivial and some serious tasks on, then get the iPad 2. Note: since I got my iPad 2 I rarely ever touch my Mac. Only to backup and sync files.

I'm thinking between my new Mac at home, my PC at work, and my Android X, I'm computered out....you guys have helped me come to the conclusion that an Ipad is really the best choice, more the better if there are some apps I can learn that allow me to look at docs I've created at work, and I can synch my work pop3 account to my Ipad...

Cheers,
Steve

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:

+1 And I'm just a lowly Paramedic who enjoys doing fixed-wing transports in a King Air.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
R

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Will prolly go this route. Not much for driving all over the world looking for any computer stuff!

Cheers,
Steve
"I was lonely as a child. Even my imaginary friend played with the boy across the street."
-Steven Wright

Most reactions

Latest posts