What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top button stuck

Carolehig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dropped my iPad and it seems fine except that the top button is not operable; seems stuck down. I can't turn it off using that, nor reboot. Do you think this can be fixed?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i dropped my iPad and it seems fine except that the top button is not operable; seems stuck down. I can't turn it off using that, nor reboot. Do you think this can be fixed?
The iPad case was probably bent just enough when it was dropped to cause the power button to remain stuck in the depressed position. If this is the problem with your iPad it will mean a trip to the repair shop where the case can be either unbent or replaced. If you have AppleCare+ and it's still active, the damage would be covered after the payment of a $79.00 service fee.

Most reactions

Latest posts