What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 iPad Apps according to Wired

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
top_ipad_apps-wired.jpg

Wired has been one of those magazines (both newsstand and online) that I really pay attention to. They don't just do fluff pieces, they can be both negative and positive depending on what the situation warrants. When they speak, I listen.

That's why I am really stoked to see a sort of Top 10 list from them... though they don't call it that. Instead, they call it the "10 Stellar iPad apps that will blow you away" - fair enough.

Either way I'm guessing you'll want to check them out as well, and you can do so by following this link: 10 Stellar iPad Apps That Will Blow You Away | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

I'll bust down the entire list for you though so you can have a quick guess as to what your in for.

• Reeder
  • Craigslist Pro
  • Etude
  • BeeJiveIM
  • Comic Zeal Comic Reader
  • iCab Mobile
  • LogMeIn Ignition
  • Simplenote
  • Air Display
  • The Guardian Eyewitness

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem with these "lists" is that they are pointless.... for example:

1. I don't read comics. I've graduated from the second grade.

2. I don't want to read a British newspaper as my news source; furthermore why would you include Reeder (which I use for all my news) and then suggest an ADDITIONAL newspaper app, from a website that has it's own RSS feed? (Stay up to date with guardian.co.uk RSS feeds | Help | guardian.co.uk)

3. Air Display only works on Macs....from a poll here only about 50% or so of iPad users are also Mac users.

4. eTude is only for people that read sheet music.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score

2. I don't want to read a British newspaper as my news source; furthermore why would you include Reeder (which I use for all my news) and then suggest an ADDITIONAL newspaper app, from a website that has it's own RSS feed? (Stay up to date with guardian.co.uk RSS feeds | Help | guardian.co.uk)

3. Air Display only works on Macs....from a poll here only about 50% or so of iPad users are also Mac users.

Whilst I agree to some extent (ie. it is pointless in that doing a top ten of such a broad range of apps will automatically alienate a large number of people), I always like to check them out as a way of finding out new things, in this case apps.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Meh, I use AppShopper.com or App Adivce (the iPad app), these lists are usually redundant with a bunch of stupid choices.

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The lists sometimes have a jewel I didn't know about so I think they are worth a quick perusal.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly. Regardless of whether you find anything of use in there, other people may. In which case, it succeeds.

Pucknut22

iPF Noob
Reaction score

"I don't read comics. I've graduated from the second grade"
Well people with a sense of humor love comics. Since it looks like you don't have any yes it would be a waste of time.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comics as in Super Hero comics or as in Calvin and Hobbes, Far Side, etc?

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comics as in Super Hero comics or as in Calvin and Hobbes, Far Side, etc?

To be fair, pidegeonholing "comics" as childish is rather narrow-minded.

Comics are a medium. Sure, some may be aimed at children. Some are aimed at teenagers. Others at adults.

It would be like saying animation is only for kids, or videogames.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I will admit I haven't tried it, but I find it hard to believe that "Craigslist Pro" is a stellar app that would "blow me away"........

niuxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pidegeonholing "comics" as childish is rather narrow-minded.

Most reactions