What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too scared to jailbreak iPad

Eraysonat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have an ipad wifi 32 gb. I am thinking about jailbreaking to install flash so that i can watch Hulu. I read so many negative things like software update problems, more battery usage, crashes because of jailbreaking. Is this
really true or are they exaggrating to stop people from doing it? Has anyone faced serious problems with their iPads after jailbreaking? Thanks in advance for all the advice..

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the most part it is exaggeration when it comes to crashing and battery usage. I have not had any crashes since jailbreaking that I didn't have before and my battery usage is the same.

When it comes to firmware updates however, if you want to stay jailbroken in general you will have a decent wait until you can update. For me this is the only downside to jailbreaking. Then again, chances are good that the features added with the OS update are already available if you are jailbroken anyhow!

a.don.is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
adonistech.wordpress.com
I was like you. I resisted jailbreaking for the longest time. Scared I was gonna brick my iPad. Well I finally let a friend talk me into it and its great! It was so simple and easy that I felt like a dope for waiting so long. I am running iOS 3.2.2 jail broken with limera1n. Of course nothing is without some risk, the first time i tried it, it locked up my iPad forcing me to have to restore it. That was my fault tho, as I had neglected to update the iOS to the latest version. Once restored and updated, it went stupid smooth. I love it.

a.don.is
*removed url before my hand gets smacked*

Last edited:

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man up B.just do it. You can always reset.

I don't think you can dig down into hulu though.even with the current Flashish apps.

dcv1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you're having a hard time deciding whether to jailbreak or not.
like what leey said, you could always have it downgraded (reversible).
but in order to have it downgrade to its previous firmware,
have the shsh blobs of your unit saved thru Cydia.
that way, you could always go back to the previous firmware.

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download a Hulu app on iTunes for free; and Flash video is still not fully operational on a jailbroken iPad (flash based script can be viewed; but not flash video so far as I know).

Also; if you jailbreak, be sure it's BEFORE Apple sends out the iOS 4.2 update in a couple of weeks (rumored). If you update to 4.2 and then try to jailbreak; you just might make a brick out of your iPad. I've read posts by a guy who tried to jailbreak an iPad running a Beta version of 4.2 and it appears that he turned it into paper weight...

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read posts by a guy who tried to jailbreak an iPad running a Beta version of 4.2 and it appears that he turned it into paper weight...
NO, this is how you turn your iPad into a paperweight --

[ame=http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8a3000125f/newsday-ipad-app-commercial]Newsday iPad app commercial from brown331[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts