What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tones sync

Maudiefech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, hello! I'm new on "i" world and I just bought my first i-gadget, the new iPad. Well, I don't know if this is an issue just of the 3rd gen, but actually I can sync music (mp3), video and apps with my iPad via iTunes... BUT when I try to sync ringtones/tones (I've found a good mario bros one *--*), iTunes just shows up a forever-syncing-icon (image below) and I never find the "uploaded" tone at Settings > Geral > Sounds =////... Am I doing something wrong or what? I appreciate your help! Thank you!

***the tones I tried are in .m4r format

itunes.PNG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Right click on the file and choose Get Info. See if it looks something like this. I think the sample rate is more important than the bit rate.

Ringtone.jpg

You could also try deleting the file, then adding to iTunes again, to see if that helps.

OP
M

Maudiefech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppot! I found what was wrong... It appears that iDevices doesn't support manually transfers of Tones (just of tones, because musics and videos were working fine to me). So I had to check the automatically sync mode, and it's working now. Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts