1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Tommylimo Is a New Member!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by tommylimo, May 18, 2012.

1. tommylimo

tommylimo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! Everyone I Need Some Help With My 1st Gen I Pad?? It Powers On I Can Hear Some Sounds And Very Little Light On My Screen/ Can Anyone Point me In The Right Direction As To What I Need To Do Or Which Part I Might Need? Thanks Tommy.
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +964 / 0
    Hi Tommy, gosh-I don't know what to tell you, here. Not sure if Apple could help you if your warranty has expired. Hopefully other members may have some advice for you. This might be a great reason to start shopping for a new iPad!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
    Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
    Connecting to the iTunes Store.
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
  3. skimonkey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +964 / 0
    Hey Tommy-

I just deleted your duplicate post. Please avoid doing that as it makes it confusing for members to follow the conversation and help when there are multiple threads present. It is also against forum rules.

Thanks and good luck!
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,295 / 0
    That doesn't sound good at all...are you Jailbroken?

If not I would try the usual fix namely a reset

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know if this does anything for you.
  5. skimonkey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +964 / 0
    Tommy-

Again, I ask you to avoid duplicate postings. This is now a warning. I have deleted your 3rd post.

Please see the above reasons...

Thank you.
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0
    Could you have accidentally turned down the brightness on the iPad? Check your Settings app or in the multitasking bar. That may explain why it's so dim yet you can still hear sounds.

Other than that, I honestly don't know what the problem could be. I guess it would be time to take it to Apple for a repair estimate.

Marilyn
  7. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum Tommy!