What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toggle language

Bowls jack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I write in English but need to use French inserts from time to time. I can change the language through settings but wish to toggle from English to French while emailing.
Can this be done on iPad 3 please?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I write in English but need to use French inserts from time to time. I can change the language through settings but wish to toggle from English to French while emailing.
Can this be done on iPad 3 please?

I believe it can be - you just need to load/create a French-specific keyboard (in your Settings app). Once you've "installed" the keyboard, you can switch between French and English whenever you wish. Here's how to create/load a new keyboard:

agypyvu3.jpg

Then, with the French keyboard installed, whenever you need it, just press the globe icon on the iPad keyboard to cycle between the ones you want:

e8uqene9.jpg

Hopefully, that'll do for you. If so, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, glad I could help.

And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions