What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is Friday The 13th!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
13images.jpg

Do you believe? I was born on the 13th, but I don't think I ever had a bad Friday the 13th.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is the 13th considered unlucky?

Well, it has to be a good day if Marie was born then..:D

Tim

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friday the 13th - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just superstition

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

Very interesting:

"Social impact

According to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, North Carolina, an estimated 17 to 21 million people in the United States are affected by a fear of this day. Some people are so paralyzed by fear that they avoid their normal routines in doing business, taking flights or even getting out of bed. "It's been estimated that [US]$800 or $900 million is lost in business on this day".[5] Despite this, representatives for both Delta and Continental Airlines say that their airlines do not suffer from any noticeable drop in travel on those Fridays."

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is the 13th considered unlucky?

Well, it has to be a good day if Marie was born then..:D

Tim

You are a nut! I was born on the 13th, but not Friday. You have never heard of this superstition?

Interesting, Tim!

I just took the day off ~ I am tired!

I've heard of the superstition - indeed there are never any Row 13 seats on an aircraft or Floor 13s in a skyscraper, but I didn't know where it came from!! Marie, you never take the day off, you are on iPF 24/7 - with well over 6000 posts you are untouchable - have you ever worked out how much of your life you have spent typing iPF posts? Scary - or what! I just did the math....

Tim

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I know! I meant the day off from work and I think you meant from IPF. That's funny. The reason I am allowed to be on line a lot is that with my job I am always waiting.

Waiting for court, doctors, social security, welfare. I love my job, but when I got my iPad, I loved it even more! Sometimes i can pop on here just for a sec, or four hours, until called.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I know I know! I meant the day off from work and I think you meant from IPF. That's funny. The reason I am allowed to be on line a lot is that with my job I am always waiting.

Waiting for court, doctors, social security, welfare. I love my job, but when I got my iPad, I loved it even more! Sometimes i can pop on here just for a sec, or four hours, until called.

You are so lucky! I'm so busy from 8.30am to 4pm at school, I don't have the time to go you know where sometimes.

It's funny, I was just telling my students today about people who suffer this phobia. They just don't understand why they just have duvet days to avoid the whole day.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

You are so lucky! I'm so busy from 8.30am to 4pm at school, I don't have the time to go you know where sometimes.

It's funny, I was just telling my students today about people who suffer this phobia. They just don't understand why they just have duvet days to avoid the whole day.

I **love** duvet days!!

Tim

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

I **love** duvet days!!

Tim

Duvet days?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You live in Scotland!! Of course you do! Hee hee! Any excuse and I'm upstairs reading, drinking tea, on IPF, especially those grey and murky days.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, stay in bed all day or most of the day! You've never done that Marie? You don't know what you are missing!

Most reactions

Latest posts