What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Winterboard or to not winterboard - thoughts?

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am asking this question bc I almost had to restore my iPad 2! Luckily due to the experience I saved my shsh through TU (thanks Leigh for the thread - although i had a dickens of a time trying the dfu, it went black but was not recognized on iTunes). Anyhow through trial and error, I uninstalled winterboard (themes etc were incompatible). BUT, I bought a couple of themes eg blueipad. So would it be ok to reinstall Winterboard so that I can at least get my $$ worth? Btw I am also the person who was trying to put an image on the status bar. I deleted all the files I created in ifile.

I love my JB iPad!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you don't install stuff which is not designed for the iPad, you should be fine.

Winterboard is installed on all my devices and I have zero problems because of it. You should be fine using it. Just use our themes section to check out stuff that is designed for iPad. Don't go installing hundreds of themes for all sorts of different devices! OK?

Hope that helps.

OP
ttipad

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback Leigh. I will do as suggested. I think I got excited and overdid the downloading/installing. I must admit I was beside myself last night. 

I love my JB iPad!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback Leigh. I will do as suggested. I think I got excited and overdid the downloading/installing. I must admit I was beside myself last night. 

I love my JB iPad!!

NP. We've all been there :)

OP
ttipad

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HELP! my iPad is now crashing bc of Winterboard

EEEKK I reinstalled Winterboard and my iPad has been rebooting and rebooting and....It's a nightmare and I can't get into Cydia bc it reboots/crashes...But when the boots it opens in JB mode which i guess is good right, but i can't get into safe mode so that i can uninstall winterboard again! HELP anyone! I had to post the message on my Mac

OP
ttipad

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After 'hours' of trying it came back on!

This is weird...I just able to open settings once i posted my thread! I am now not sure if it is going to work or I should uninstall winterboard??? I use my ipad for my pdf etc and sometimes use it for pages documents ... i don't know if i can continue mucking about like this... :)

OP
ttipad

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Inpulse for iPad. iPad white keyboard & iPad black keyboard. Iomai hd.

I love my JB iPad!!

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice since my new jailbreak that Cydia has a dedicated section for themes, even iPad. Anyone use it yet? Long overdue.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
guthrien said:
I notice since my new jailbreak that Cydia has a dedicated section for themes, even iPad. Anyone use it yet? Long overdue.

It's been there for a while now.....if your talking about on the spotlight page.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ttipad said:
Inpulse for iPad. iPad white keyboard & iPad black keyboard. Iomai hd.

I love my JB iPad!!

Inpulse is fine. Get rid of those keyboards. They need iAcces to work and that can be problematic. I am not aware of any winterboard keyboards that work except 5 row keyboard. IAcces will certainly cause you problems unless you understand how to configure it.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I don't recall the ease of use with it broken down like that. I was only out of service a couple months. You used to have to root around, especially for iPad.

OP
ttipad

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to remove the iacces keyboards...aren't on my install pg on cydia. Do I have to use ifile?

I love my JB iPad!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ttipad said:
I can't figure out how to remove the iacces keyboards...aren't on my install pg on cydia. Do I have to use ifile?

I love my JB iPad!!

No anything you installed should always be listed in Cydia's installed list. Only use ifile as a last resort and only delete from you themes folder. Nowhere else unless you are 100% sure you know what you are doing.

Most reactions

Latest posts