What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To update or not to update

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any other compelling reasons to update to 4.3.3 besides the location issues? If you don't care about the whole tracking thing do you really need to do it? I've read about people having a few problems after doing so and would rather not deal with it if it's not absolutely necessary.

manitou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In all my years of owning Apple products, never had a problem with an upgrade. I do it without giving it a second thought.

OP
I

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In all my years of owning Apple products, never had a problem with an upgrade. I do it without giving it a second thought.
Right. I can appreciate that. Thank you. But what I'm wondering is whether there's anything I'm missing besides the tracking fixes by not getting 4.3.3?

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
There are no compelling reasons NOT to update. The updates are important, keep your device current, and you may find that you'll run into bigger, additional problems later on because you don't have the newest update. I've gone through literally dozens and dozens of updates (iTunes, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad1, iPad2) and have never had a single issue updating. In my opinion, those who have problems updating usually have done something to their device (tweak, misuse, misunderstanding, unplugging, using wrong cables, etc.) to cause the problem.

OP
I

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are no compelling reasons NOT to update. The updates are important, keep your device current, and you may find that you'll run into bigger, additional problems later on because you don't have the newest update. I've gone through literally dozens and dozens of updates (iTunes, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad1, iPad2) and have never had a single issue updating. In my opinion, those who have problems updating usually have done something to their device (tweak, misuse, misunderstanding, unplugging, using wrong cables, etc.) to cause the problem.
Thanks

andyc12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since updating to 4.3 on my iPad 1 I now loose my wifi connection every 15-20 mins and have to re-enter my password, sometimes it says it cannot connect. The iPad had worked perfectly prior to the update.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have never experienced a problem after up-dating iOS - as a rule, after up-dating I always do a hard re-set and they re-sync to 'settle' the iPad. Seems to work for me.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Most reactions

Latest posts