What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To take or not to take? That is MY question

Theo1231231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering. Sould I take my iPad to school ( I'm a 15 year old boy - secondary school) I have a case for it and everything but I don't know if it's worth risking.. Comment.. :S

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally. Hell No. For one you are going to show it off, yes? Someone might just have to have it. And if you toss around your back pack like my son did ~ well ~ let's just say keep it at home!

Oh, and welcome!! We have a Young One here who lives in the JB section. Very smart!

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not take it to school, all your friends will want to se and lay with it. To easy to drop it. Not worth the risk.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
We have a Young One here Very smart!

I heard you call my name!

I am 15 and I bring my iPad to school and take notes and stuff. BUT, I asked my teachers first to see if they cared or not. One teacher didn't believe the usefulness of it so I brought it in the next day and showed him. Now, he wants one! I do keep a case on it though. Most kids don't even know what is in the case when I carry it so nobody bothers it. I have cut the weight of my backpack in a third because of online textbooks and a Spanish-english dictionary app. And this is a public school, not private. (yes, it does make a difference)

SweetPoison said:
who lives in the JB section.
I look at other sections every now and then..... :)

Last edited:
OP
T

Theo1231231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I was kinda thinking games at break time when it's raining or something... I don't think I would be allowed to use it in class. I live in Wales, our school is outdated as hell and all the teachers are douches.. Up until just a few weeks ago we were still running win89 on our school computers! And I'm doing GCSE ict. Only just now have we updated to windows 7 finally. Anyway so I've kinda made up my mind now for the simple reason that I fear for my iPad as it can't fear for it's self. It's, ' fearless' if you will so someone's gotta do it for it... But I don't know on the other hand I used to bring my iPod touch into school all the time, I was like the first person in the school to have one, this was a few years ago, but now everyone's got one so it's not so much of a big deal.. I don't know I will have to think about it.. Also take into account that my friends also got an iPad and he's gonna bring his in if I bring mine in so that could even it out a bit...I don't know... And if your wondering about the picture of my dog I just wanted to test out file attachment on the iPad...

Attachments

• image-1459927666.png
    image-1459927666.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 246

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
We have a Young One here Very smart!

I heard you call my name!

I am 15 and I bring my iPad to school and take notes and stuff. BUT, I asked my teachers first to see if they cared or not. One teacher didn't believe the usefulness of it so I brought it in the next day and showed him. Now, he wants one! I do keep a case on it though. Most kids don't even know what is in the case when I carry it so nobody bothers it. I have cut the weight of my backpack in a third because of online textbooks and a Spanish-english dictionary app. And this is a public school, not private. (yes, it does make a difference)

SweetPoison said:
who lives in the JB section.
I look at other sections every now and then..... :)

Yes I did call your name, Grayson.:D I am glad you found this thread ~ and you two met!

This is another perspective ~ I never thought of the other kids not even knowing what was in the case ~ but once they see you use it....

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Very cute, Theo! What's his name?

Let me break out a picture of my dog........ :D

Attachments

• image-1158974366.jpg
    image-1158974366.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 228
  • image-2292953133.png
    image-2292953133.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 258
OP
T

Theo1231231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awwwwww thats a cute dog. My dogs called twm.. It's welsh. And yeah an ipad is earth shattering news here, its Wales remember

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I work in a Somerset secondary school in Somerset uk and I take my iPad to school but the difference is I am an HLTA ( teaching staff) and I am very careful of my iPad. I only bring it out if there is a scientific question needed by my students and yes, they love it. They are always asking about the games! Luckily, I don't have many so that's the end of that. If you and your friend both have one, I'm sure that would be safe as long as you check with teachers( we are not so backward as you think. (Hell, I'm a big fan of Eminem, Muse). It's the bullies in your school you have to worry about but if your friend base is large and trustworthy( for protection) it shouldn't be a problem. I expect it would encourage other students to get one for birthday etc… and then it would be like your iPod.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Money, gold chaines, knives, drugs, guns.....Sure Ipad should be ok......

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
God knows where you live but in uk country county schools ( most of them, anyway) are knife, gun free and yes, I know there is drugs but that is mostly home based or if noticed, sent home. Wales is fairly countryfied unless he lives Cardiff etc… then yes, there will be more city problems. He doesn't say where but only he can say whether he is safe or not.

Most reactions

Latest posts