What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To jb or upgrade 3.2.2

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently got an iPad, my first, and am now wondering should I update to 4.3.5 or jailbreak my 3.2.2? I like the sounds of what jail breaking can open up but don't know if I'm missing out on anything important from4.3.5? Also, any recommendation of which jb method in the guide would be handy.

Thanks

Shayla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As soon as i got my ipad i jailbreaked it.
The update is nothing big just something to do with security i think it fixes security vulnerability just a little update.
I used jailbreakme[dot]com to jailbreak, you just go on safari on you ipad and type that with the . and click install :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. That's an oldie!

I'm going to assume it's an iPad1, given it's on iOS 3.2.2....

So, the only available option you have for upgrading is to iOS 4.3.5. For the iPad1, that version can be jail broken, however, it'll have to be a tethered jailbreak using redsn0w (IOW, you'll always have to connect it to your computer to reboot it) jail

Take a look at this thread here for more info on that: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...tutorial-jailbreak-ipad1-redsn0w-windows.html

Regardless of your decision, you might want to think of upgrading your iOS, whether you choose to jail break or not. You're missing out on folders, multitasking, etc. But, that's just my opinion...

Good luck in your decision.

Marilyn

OP
A

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the good info Marilyn! Yes iPad 1. I think it was shelved a long time before finally selling. Think I'll try the jb and maybe update later...

Ash

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are missing a whole load of features not being on 4.x, in particular multitasking and folders. Don't stay on 3.x too long!

OP
A

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually updated to 4.3.5 just now and downloading the firmware 4.3.4 for redsn0w to point at. Great info in this forum!

Ash

OP
A

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is it you mean by the multitasking functionality?

Ash

Most reactions

Latest posts