1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

To Authorize Or Not

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Knightoftheapp, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I have an iPad 2. I've got the current OS 5.1.1.

Is it still necessary to have a desktop that is "Authorized" to back up your iPad. Or is that all done by the cloud? Is it necessary to have a desktop for anything related to iTunes?
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,035 / 1
    For a person from outside the United States,which doesn't apply in your case,there is no movies in the cloud.Backing up your iTunes movies to an authorized computer is essential in this case.
  3. seneca18

seneca18 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I use my computer and iTunes to store all my music and pictures that I do not want to keep on my iPad/iPhone. And for that reason it is necessary to have have my computer authorized. However, if you have no need to manage music through iTunes and have everything backed up via iCloud there really isn't much of a need. The main issue for most would be that Apple only gives you 5GB of free storage via iCloud. So if you plan to backup everything on it you would need to pay for extra storage.
  4. MarkBr11

MarkBr11 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for information