What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of waiting

Dawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, im tired of waiting.....cancelled my order and im going to wait and see what the galaxy tab 10.1 looks like...

Sorry apple u had ur chance to convert me.....u loose.

There are always folks like me who are still waiting.. for an iPad 2 without flashlights around the screen. Not trying to be rude/smart@#$.. and that is unfortunate for you. I guess my point is that there is a lot of unfortunate to the launch of the iPad 2. In my case I'm waiting on my third.. I'm not sure what is worse.. never getting to have the iPad 2 or having it and seeing how great it is.. except for the flashlights.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well....its not really apple....ordered thru aafes on the 12 and now they say it wont ship till mid apr.....bs...im just pissed....i may go ck vzw out and see it they have any in stock....

Mid April is only 9 days away. What are you 12 years old.

Check out the Target supply thread. There is a link in there to check your local Target stock. I tried it yesterday afternoon, found a couple of local Target stores that had the Ipad I wanted so I picked it up last night after work.

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I do change my mind im going to wait until they are listed "in stock".

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are always folks like me who are still waiting.. for an iPad 2 without flashlights around the screen. Not trying to be rude/smart@#$.. and that is unfortunate for you. I guess my point is that there is a lot of unfortunate to the launch of the iPad 2. In my case I'm waiting on my third.. I'm not sure what is worse.. never getting to have the iPad 2 or having it and seeing how great it is.. except for the flashlights.

Dont worry they are coming. Mine only has small pin lights in a few spots. I only noticed them in the dark... during a reset. Like everything Apple makes things smaller and better with time :p

I'm sorry you getting disgruntled over the delay, however keep in mind they are making them as fast as they can. It is to bad this is to slow for you instant gratification mind set. You can have your umpalumpa but you can't have it right now. Mid April is not a bad time. That's what I was exoecting and I basically ordered it online day 2.

Who did you order through? That post was a little garbled as your readied to rage quit and ALT-F4. Aafes?

*edit*

Ah, Army and Air Force Exchange Service. Well that's part of your bottleneck. Not much help for that.

Last edited:

Dawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dont worry they are coming. Mine only has small pin lights in a few spots. I only noticed them in the dark... during a reset. Like everything Apple makes things smaller and better with time :p

I'm sorry you getting disgruntled over the delay, however keep in mind they are making them as fast as they can. It is to bad this is to slow for you instant gratification mind set. You can have your umpalumpa but you can't have it right now. Mid April is not a bad time. That's what I was exoecting and I basically ordered it online day 2.

Who did you order through? That post was a little garbled as your readied to rage quit and ALT-F4. Aafes?

*edit*

Ah, Army and Air Force Exchange Service. Well that's part of your bottleneck. Not much help for that.

I got one a few weeks ago and then had it exchanged for one (they had extra stock) and had to return that one for store credit. I'm still seeing tons of posts of people getting multiple exchanges...with the flashlight-effect upgrade still in effect.

Katoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to pick up the xoom and the iPad2 at a best buy at the same time. I really wanted to try out the xoom and I had already had the iPad for a year. Well, I had the xoom for a week. Honeycomb is just not ready yet. The apps formatted for the larger screen are few and far between, and a lot of comparable apps are just not as good. One thing android does have going for it is google integration. It is amazing, google mail, navigation, maps, sky, body ... The list goes on. It was buggy though with a number of force closes, android 2.x apps that dent even work and just force close etc. The notification system was also really well done and I am hoping apple updates that is iOS 5.
Sorry, but the iPad tablets are just better right now. Give google another year to get their OS and the developers going and I think it will be good

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well....its not really apple....ordered thru aafes on the 12 and now they say it wont ship till mid apr.....bs...im just pissed....i may go ck vzw out and see it they have any in stock....

Mid April is only 9 days away. What are you 12 years old.

Check out the Target supply thread. There is a link in there to check your local Target stock. I tried it yesterday afternoon, found a couple of local Target stores that had the Ipad I wanted so I picked it up last night after work.

Sorry, this reply made me laugh. But ya..seriously mid-April isn't far away at all.. I ordered my Ipad2 off the Apple website on March 23rd and so far it's not gonna ship until April 21st. I'm still waiting and there's no way I'm going to cancel my order. Sure it feels like it's taking forever but once I hold it in my hands, it will feel really good :D I can't wait!!

I've been reading tons and tons of threads on this forum and I think it's just building up my anticipation. :)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
metheridge said:

You cancelled today? The 6
but it is supposed to ship mid April 14-16?
Correct my math but if that not just another week?
And he saved at least 30 thru aafes?
Right?
But then, his iPad 2 could have possibly shipped this weekend if we use other peoples testimonies of up to 2 week early arrivals as a measuring stick!

So what I'm reading is:
discount + impatient = empty handed and directionless.

*looks at compass in search of due north. Compass bings to the left stops directly on the symbol of an apple!*

Hmm the only way Togo.

Btw enjoy you Doombox!

james4133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my iPad on 11 Mar also from AAFES, and am still waiting. They're currently saying that its back-ordered and possibly won't ship until May.

Hopefully it won't be that long, I've just had to step back from being upset about it and just wait, as other posters have said. I am getting it at a slight discount, but it is frustrating that I ordered something a month ago and it may be another month before I get it.

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one reserved at Best Buy, over a month. Ordered one from Apple, delivery date April 28.So, whichever one comes first. Frustrating I know. But, if it wasn't in demand, I wouldn't want it. Could get a Xoom anytime, plenty in stock at Best Buy. That tells me something. I'm waiting.

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, im tired of waiting.....cancelled my order and im going to wait and see what the galaxy tab 10.1 looks like...

Sorry apple u had ur chance to convert me.....u loose.

As anyone who wanted ipad2 I went first day to best buy and get it after one hour in line only. Why complain if you are lazy? Waiting for what?

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess I got lucky. Decided to pull the trigger around 5pm one evening, found an iPad 2 at 7pm. Apple Store No.1 no, Apple Store No.2 no, Best Buy no, Best Buy No.2 no, Wal-Mart no, Wal-Mart No.2 no, then on the way home to put my order in online, decided to check the web on my phone and found a post from somewhere mentioning Micro Center. Called them up and, "Sure! We got plenty!???
I can only guess that no one thinks to look there?

badphish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i set out the sunday morning after working a 12 that night, (wife drove) we we went to the best buy and Target on the out skirts of town Nothing, then drove down town, called both apple stores -- nothing, was giving up, gonna order online when i got home, we went to Sams' to get some things, stopped by the Target to get a case for the non existent ipad2 and damn if there wasnt one still sitting in the display case, it was a 3G verizon, i was going for wifi only but what the hell. i snatched it up and i've been very happy ever since.
i do reccomend the availability tools for target and best buy.

i hear Toys R Us will be (not) getting the ipad2, yet another place to look and not find one. I wonder if any have made it overseas yet. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts