What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SporkLover said:
You are probably better off asking that question here: PrePaidGSM.net Forum

The forum members there are quite familiar with global GSM providers.

WOW ! Thank you so much for that info , I travel a lot and this is going to really help me .

Captfx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS3 USB Wireless keyboard

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I have a Logitech wireless usb keyboard I bought for my PS3. I got it at Walmart on clearance a couple years ago when they were pushing bluetooth. If you have the camera connection kit you plug the keyboard's usb dongle into the usb connector and there you go. When you plug it in the ipad says it's not supported but I'm writing this with it now.
However, the keyboard has a touchpad built in that doesn't seem to work.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Captfx said:
I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I have a Logitech wireless usb keyboard I bought for my PS3. I got it at Walmart on clearance a couple years ago when they were pushing bluetooth. If you have the camera connection kit you plug the keyboard's usb dongle into the usb connector and there you go. When you plug it in the ipad says it's not supported but I'm writing this with it now.
However, the keyboard has a touchpad built in that doesn't seem to work.

If the touchpad was designed to be a mouse cursor controller, then it wouldn't work since the iPad doesn't support a mouse.

You can also connect a regular USB keyboard via the CCK as well. It doesn't work on all keyboards, but there are at least two I have at home which work normally (even the arrow keys)

jpear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't get a manual with my ipad2...they said there wasn't one.

jimmy4fingers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my tip/trick make your own smart cover with what ever case you want alls you need is a magnet in the right spot now when I close my vu case it goes into sleep mode I love it!

Attachments

• image-2002071250.png
    image-2002071250.png
    719.6 KB · Views: 664
  • image-269666788.png
    image-269666788.png
    828.1 KB · Views: 598
  • image-2210064565.png
    image-2210064565.png
    789.4 KB · Views: 534
  • image-1248050201.png
    image-1248050201.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 521

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jimmy4fingers said:
Here's my tip/trick make your own smart cover with what ever case you want alls you need is a magnet in the right spot now when I close my vu case it goes into sleep mode I love it!

What kind of cute magnet is this? And if it is embeded? Where can I get one?

Livcheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: is there a way to increase the size of the thumbnails on the bottom bar in the photo album? Sorry, new to the iPad and the thumbnails are way too small! Thx for the help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: is there a way to increase the size of the thumbnails on the bottom bar in the photo album? Sorry, new to the iPad and the thumbnails are way too small! Thx for the help!

I wasn't sure that I'd completely understood your question. Are you talking about the iPad's Photo app? I say this because, on mine, I don't have any thumbnails on the bottom bar - rather the are displayed towards the top of the screen, which is why I think I've misunderstood your question.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts