What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
Not sure what you are referencing but if you have typed something and want to delete it, shake the iPad and it will come up with an option box to Undo Typing. Much easier and faster than selecting the text to Cut or using the backspace to Delete.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

That is really cool. I did not know about that.

I can now imagine thousands of iPad users madly shaking their tablets !

Sent from my iPad using iPF

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a way to upgrading it

Ok watched the video...straight over my head sorry...Ok what I gathered is I have to connect the ipad to my computer, open it on the computer and ?? back up the photos etc I have, well I have everything on dropbox so that should be Ok...what happens with all the apps I have purchased, will they disappear, what happens with all the books I have purchased in ibooks, and all the notes I have made and contacts they will go as well is that correct. so how do I save all of them...how do I get a back up off all those things.

Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Six days and twelve Hot Pockets later....her apps are still jigglin'...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Unfortunately they are not the only things jiggling!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
clermont said:
Ok watched the video...straight over my head sorry...Ok what I gathered is I have to connect the ipad to my computer, open it on the computer and ?? back up the photos etc I have, well I have everything on dropbox so that should be Ok...what happens with all the apps I have purchased, will they disappear, what happens with all the books I have purchased in ibooks, and all the notes I have made and contacts they will go as well is that correct. so how do I save all of them...how do I get a back up off all those things.

First of all make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC then connect your iPad and backup everything. Your apps will not disappear and yes the backup should take care of everything. I will include other links below which have other links within them which will show you how to backup. Good luck!
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/50385-how-do-i-upgrade-ios-5-a.html#post345719
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

iPad 2 3G 64gb

hd107a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never seen this happen.
When you are typing hold down the comma key until the apostrophe appears and release it, the apostrophe will be inserted, no need to slide your finger up to the apostrophe to insert it, just hold until it appears and release.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hd107a said:
When you are typing hold down the comma key until the apostrophe appears and release it, the apostrophe will be inserted, no need to slide your finger up to the apostrophe to insert it, just hold until it appears and release.

Neat trick. I didn't know that one. Thanks.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll repeat this one here as I haven't seen it in the longest time...when typing and going from letters to numerals and back again, you can avoid having to hit the ABC tab constantly. When you place your finger on the 123 tab (the keyboard changes to numerals) keep your finger on the screen and slide to the number or symbol you want and when you lift your finger the keyboard will revert back to the letter keyboard automatically. So much easier!!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To get the apostrophe quickly, I use a sort of flick motion on the comma/exclamation button and it will give you an apostrophe. This is quicker than touching and waiting for it. It takes practice.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

sa_hill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:
When you play Boggle, you shake the iPad to roll the alphabet tiles.

are you serious ? i thought it was to refresh the content on your screen !

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one that's useful on the iPF app, as well as other places.

If you want to thin out your subscriptions folder, swipe right to left across threads in your subscribed threads and the red delete button will appear. Press the button to remove the thread from your subscriptions.

The same method can be used for removing songs, albums or artists from the Music app, deleting or archiving emails etc.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

skavangar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Here's one that's useful on the iPF app, as well as other places.

If you want to thin out your subscriptions folder, swipe right to left across threads in your subscribed threads and the red delete button will appear. Press the button to remove the thread from your subscriptions.

The same method can be used for removing songs, albums or artists from the Music app, deleting or archiving emails etc.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Good tip. Had no clue.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have an app that is stuck, or behaving badly? Here's what to do. Apologies if this has been covered lately.

Double press the home button, which will reveal the multitask bar. Long press on any app in the multitask bar, and then press the minus sign that appears on each of them. Once you have closed them all, press the home button again to bring the screen back to normal. Once you have done this, it might not be a bad idea to reboot the iPad. Hold down sleep/wake and home buttons together until the Apple logo appears, then release them and wait for the iPad to restart. This should sort out your problem apps.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gtatler said:
That is really cool. I did not know about that.

I can now imagine thousands of iPad users madly shaking their tablets !

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I didn't know that either!!

Thanks, leelai! Works on the iPod as well!!

Most reactions

Latest posts