What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mskjon said:
You can move your app icons from one field to another on your home screen so they are where use want them most. Enter giggly mode, drag an icon DOWN INTO THE BOTTOM TRAY. Swipe into a new field of your home screen and giggle it out. The bottom tray holds 6 icons and they don't have to be APPLE app icons. I don't like the safari main page so I inserted mine onto them bottom tray and moved the safari icon out.

You don't have to even move it into the bottom tray: just move the icon you want to the left or right hand edge of the screen, and a second later, the page will automatically swipe across to the new page.

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shortcut for non-English characters

A shortcut to these "hidden characters" if you are typing in a language other than English is to set the keyboard to your language in Settings, then you can just 'flick up' on the corresponding key. For example:

Press the 'u' key, you get 'u' - Flick up on the'u' key, you get 'ü'.
a - ä
o - ö
s - ß

A real time saver.

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enable Multi-touch Gestures on iPad without jailbreaking

Found this today online

Enable Multi-touch Gestures on iPad without jailbreaking

Here is the youtube video of how to do it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uktPleZ8O8Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uktPleZ8O8Q[/ame]

I downloaded the iBackupBot software, but I am still waiting on my iPad 2 to ship that I got from my wife for my Birthday. People commented that it worked. Let me know if any of you try this out and it works. I don't have a Mac so this seems to be one of the easiest ways to get it to work :D

Thanks,
Jason

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just wish they would find the setting using this method to add the option to settings so you could enable or disable this feature at will.

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wish they would find the setting using this method to add the option to settings so you could enable or disable this feature at will.

I am guessing this will come along in a future update from Apple. Why would you want to disable it? For now the article says all you have to do is delete the lines you added to remove it. Doesn't seem to bad of an option for now :) I also watched a demo video of the New BlackBerry Playbook and it seems to have similar gestures as this would be on the iPad 2 from enabling this. I watched the video yesterday and thought to myself man this would be cool if my iPad 2 could do this. Now I will be able too whenever my iPad 2 gets here :)

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I am guessing this will come along in a future update from Apple. Why would you want to disable it? For now the article says all you have to do is delete the lines you added to remove it. Doesn't seem to bad of an option for now :) I also watched a demo video of the New BlackBerry Playbook and it seems to have similar gestures as this would be on the iPad 2 from enabling this. I watched the video yesterday and thought to myself man this would be cool if my iPad 2 could do this. Now I will be able too whenever my iPad 2 gets here :)

For the most part I would want to leave it enabled but if it caused a compatibility issue with one of your apps that supports multitouch, you wouldn't have an easy or quick way to disable the gestures.

Reaction score
donka said:
For the most part I would want to leave it enabled but if it caused a compatibility issue with one of your apps that supports multitouch, you wouldn't have an easy or quick way to disable the gestures.

Agreed, the way of turning the gestures off is tedious and time consuming. However, most likely unnecessary, as all apps are compatible with the gestures, unless they use four or five finger gestures, too. I have yet to find one which solely relies on 4 and 5 finger input.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love this tread , I've learned a lot of cool stuff :D

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That makes sense. Have either of you tried to see if it works? Only 4 more weeks till my iPad 2 comes lol This will be the first thing I try before I load my music and the Apps I bought. Let me know if it works :)

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:
Reaction score
xavier32178 said:
That makes sense. Have either of you tried to see if it works? Only 4 more weeks till my iPad 2 comes lol This will be the first thing I try before I load my music and the Apps I bought. Let me know if it works :)

Thanks,
Jason

If you don't mind listening to an outsider, then I can tell you that the above mentioned method works on iPad 1 and 2. Except that the iPad 1 is too slow to show the effects smoothly.

Last edited:

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah all I did was try to quote the above persons post. Not sure what happened with that. I am a Forum Admin on another forum and have been on other forums in the past and usually when you do a reply quote it only quotes the persons reply only. Guess I will have to remember that when I post on here.

Good to know it does work. Main reason I posted the info is for those that don't have a Mac to do it the way that has been posted on other sites. Another way I read about involved downloading some big files on to your PC and would also takes hours to do. This way looks like it would take no more then a few mins to do. Glad you got it to work!

Thanks,
Jason

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Manca said:
Do not order from Said Abdul Rahman! It is a fraud... Do not belive his e-mails - also the way of shipment = fastrack - it is fake web site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not order anything!!!!!!!!!!! He is presenting himselfe like a sales manager from Malasya.
His mail: Said Abdul Rahman [[email protected]]
There are also using the nami Shafiq Kareem and company Trade 2 Trade.

Seriously? You need to post this in every thread?

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My tip is for ComicZeal. If you zoom with a pinch and hold for a second it locks to that size for all pages you change to.

Also Show Bookmarks bar in Safari.
In the Safari setting set always show Bookmarks Bar to ON. I wish this was on the Iphone and Ipod.

Please don't ask unrelated questions in the tips topic. It adds way to much reading for the people who just came to get tips.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts