What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TinyUmbrella not getting SHSH Blobs - PLS Help - IOS 6.0.1

hundreds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It fails with 6.01.01 on the iPad4. I was using his latest version each time I tried.

Exactly. I am currently hoping that this is the case with everyone else's iPad 4 and not simply a weird quirk with MY iPad 4. I don't like quirks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It fails with 6.01.01 on the iPad4. I was using his latest version each time I tried.

You can see why I might have through you weren't, since the OP was using 6.01.00 and you stated "I haven't gone back to check if Tiny Umbrella has been updated to fix this yet." ;)

Phosub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same problem with my iPad 4 Wifi + Celluar (GSM) under TinyUmbrella.
When I try to fetch the SHSHs with Redsnow it doesn´t work neither.

It tells me: No known iPad3,5 ECIDs. If you have an iPad3,5, please connect it.

But Redsn0w tells me that my my iPad (6.0.1,2.03.09) ist connected.

I tried with different IPSW Files (iPad3,4_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw, iPad3,5_6.0.1_10A8426_Restore.ipsw, iPad3,6_6.0.1_10A8426_Restore.ipsw) all with the same Result.

Now I just fear that Apple will Release IOS 6.1 before I can save my SHSH Blobs from the iPad.

Any idea/Sugggestion is welcome.

kheldan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried with new TinyUmbrella 6.10 and IOS 6.1 and still unrecognized.... Anybody succeed?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
semaphore issued an update a few minutes ago to correct the bug. Download the revised version and you should be golden.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try using RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. Go to Extras > SHSH Blobs > New. Then point it to the iOS 6.1 (or any IPSW in the future actually as well). It'll use your last known ECIDs or if you device is plugged in, it'll automatically retrieve the ECID for it. It'll then retrieve your blobs from Apple (a bit congested within the first 24 hours usually). You can then save them on Cydia's server, or just save them locally. It's recommended that you save it locally, remotely on Cydia and keep a copy of them in several other locations as backups like in a flash drive, on 2-3 different Cloud storages, email, etc.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's recommended that you save it locally, remotely on Cydia and keep a copy of them in several other locations as backups like in a flash drive, on 2-3 different Cloud storages, email, etc.

Paranoid much? ;) - 7 copies is a bit excessive :D

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can never be too safe... My HDDs have crashed before, my emails have been hijacked before, my flash drives have been lost before. Never. Never too safe :p

Most reactions

Latest posts