What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TinyUmbrella not getting SHSH Blobs - PLS Help - IOS 6.0.1

Madmax007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TU Version: 6.01.00
Device: IPAD 4 64GB WIFI IOS 6.0.1
Host OS: Windows 7
iTunes + AV + Firewall: Disabled

Hi guys,

I have been trying to save my SHSH blobs without any luck. TU log reports that "there are no shsh" &*%$"(>@ :(:(:(:(

I have also tired different USB ports on this machine.

Here are the TU screens.

tu3.jpgtu4.jpg

I would greatly appreciate your help on this

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem with my new iPad 4 on TU version 6.01. It reports the model number as INVALID and finds no blobs. I ran TU on my iPad 2 at the same time and it worked fine. Saved blobs for 6.0 and 6.0.1 in addition to all the older ones that had been previously saved. An interesting thing is that my iPad 4 shows up four different times in the "Connected Device" list. TU hadn't been updated to save 6.0 blobs before the signing window closed, so those are gone forever. I just hope we can save 6.0.1 before Apple drops 6.1 and we lose them also.

EDIT:

I ended up using the latest redsn0w to fetch the SHSH blobs for 6.01 on my iPad 4 and then saved them to Cydia. It did require downloading the ipsw file (1.1GB) prior. One interesting note: the ipsw for iPad 3 wifi and iPad 4 wifi appear identical.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Version 6.01.01 which fixes a few issues / bugs. I'd recommend trying that.

OP
M

Madmax007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y & jwjohnson thanks for the replies. TU Version 6.01.01 still reports it as a INVALID model & no blobs. But managed to save the blobs via redsn0w.

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TU version 6.01.01 did not fix the unrecognized iPad 4 issue. Wish I had known redsn0w could save my blobs when 6.0 was still being signed.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TU version 6.01.01 did not fix the unrecognized iPad 4 issue. Wish I had known redsn0w could save my blobs when 6.0 was still being signed.

But that was the day before the iPad4 was out, so you could never get them :(

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess you are right. Thinking back it wanted to update to 6.01 when I first turned it on.

hundreds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue. I am worried that the ipad 4 I have will turn out to somehow be "unjailbreakable" (when the JB is finally available) since it seems to have this weird reaction to Tiny Umbrella, which I have been using for years with other devices.

Do I have anything to worry about?

hundreds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add to my comment... It should be stated that this is the first time I have ever tried to save SHSH blobs for a NON-jailbroken device. I am currently running iPad 4 4th generation) on iOS 6.0. I would like to save my SHSH for 6.0.1. Can someone please clarify how I can do this, or if this is simply not possible as of yet?

I tried TinyUmbrella and it gives me the situation that the OP had (where it lists my device in the "Connected Devices" section, but under Model it says: "MD510LL/A - INVALID". I have an Apple TV 3 that I recently saved the SHSH blobs for with no problem at all. It is also (currently) an NON-jailbroken device.

I tried redsnow for Windows 0.9.15b3 and attemped to Fetch the SHSH blobs. After going in to DFU mode as the program specifies, I get "unexpected error". I then have to hard reset my iPad in order for it to reboot to the Springboard.

In redsnow, I also tried using the "New" option to fetch from an IPSW file and pointed it to the 6.0 IPSW Firmware I downloaded from the iphonewiki website. It said the window was closed. OK, I figured that much. I am currently downloading the 6.01 IPSW from the same site, hoping that will give me the break through I want. Am I on the right track? I always thought that your SHSH blobs needed to be pulled SPECIFICALLY FROM the device you are using. Can I actually get saved blobs from an IPSW file, without getting it from the iPad itself?

I just can't help but wonder why I am hitting this roadblock and whether once a jailbreak is available for my device if I will be running into similar problems jailbreaking. I have been doing it for years and NEVER had an issue like this. Can someone who is smarter than me (pretty much all of you) help me out?

UPDATE: I finally finished the download on the 6.0.1 Firmware IPSW file and used the "New" function in redsnow to get fresh blobs. I was presented with this message upon completion:

5 fresh iPad3,4_6.0.1_10A523 blobs for ECID (myECIDnumber)

1 blob file saved to:
C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\redsn0w\shsh

I then submitted the blobs to Cydia and it said it was successful and that the APTicket was valid. So, now, I assume Cydia also has my 6.0.1 blobs. I also copied the SHSH file itself into a backup place on my HDD (where I store all my blobs) and now when I open TU, it shows that I do indeed have 6.0.1 saved under my iPad 4. The Device Model section still says "MD510LL/A - INVALID", though.

So I am hoping someone can add some insight into this situation, specifically with regards to how the iPad 4 SHOULD behave during this process and whether I can expect issues in the future when I attempt to jailbreak it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's exactly what I did to save my 6.0.1 blobs on my new iPad4. I haven't gone back to check if Tiny Umbrella has been updated to fix this yet. Once I had my blobs for 6.0.1 I quit worrying. He'll apparently have to come out with a new version when IOS gets updated to 6.1 anyway. As far as I know you are as good as you can get at the current time.

OP
M

Madmax007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As jwjohnson subjected pls download the ipsw & try to save the blobs. It should be ok... I guess.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, 6.01.01 is the first version of TU to support the new devices including iPad4 from what I understand. You should always use the most up to date version available. 6.01.01 was released on 4th November.

As you have discovered, redsn0w can be used to save the blobs too, but you do need the firmware file as well.

hundreds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I am pretty sure I am not the first to report that 6.01.01 of TU does not work for me to get any blobs. As the OP originally pointed out. The system simply says: "There are no SHSH blobs for [your device]."

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, 6.01.01 is the first version of TU to support the new devices including iPad4 from what I understand. You should always use the most up to date version available. 6.01.01 was released on 4th November.

As you have discovered, redsn0w can be used to save the blobs too, but you do need the firmware file as well.
It fails with 6.01.01 on the iPad4. I was using his latest version each time I tried.

Most reactions