What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiny umbrella update question

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering,

Does the fact that tiny umbrella was able to update that 3G users can downgrade mean that 4.3.4 did not update/ change baseband shsh blobs?

OP
B

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have shsh blobs saved. My understanding is that 3G baseband has it's own shsh blobs that can not be saved on ipad2 because they change all the time. Since tiny umbrella will now let you downgrade I'm assuming that baseband shsh blobs did not change in 3.3.4?

Can anyone verify for me?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
biller007 said:
Thanks for the reply, I have shsh blobs saved. My understanding is that 3G baseband has it's own shsh blobs that can not be saved on ipad2 because they change all the time. Since tiny umbrella will now let you downgrade I'm assuming that baseband shsh blobs did not change in 3.3.4?

Can anyone verify for me?

Well, the baseband blobs are different every time as you say (that's why they are not susceptible to a replay attack), however the key thing is that the baseband version was not changed. It is still 04.10.01, which is why TU can work it's magic.

OP
B

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if 4.3.5 updated the baseband shsh for ipad2? Will tiny umbrella still let you downgrade with a 3G?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we all agree that if you don't exactly type in the title of a thread the search is trash? I hate the search on this forum.

OP
B

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol I used search to try to find that thread and still can't find it.

Most reactions

Latest posts