What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Times Newspaper Launches Free Apps Promo

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
10811-times.JPG

Readers of the Times and Sunday Times newspapers in the UK should be on the lookout for a new promo that the Times’ Tech Joy section is running over the next two weeks, offering, among other things, free app downloads. Starting from tomorrow, the Tech Joy section in the paper will be publishing a list of 500 of the best apps, picked by their team of experts. Then, to tie in with this list, from Sunday, February 3, their Great App Giveaway will kick off, with codes being printed in the newspaper every day that you can use to download free apps from iTunes. These apps will be worth more than £20 in total, and include the likes of Runtastic Pro, which is a running app that uses GPS to map your running, cycling and walking, and which also has the ability to track your progress in distance, speed, calories, and much more.

Many thanks to Super Moderator Gabriel1 for the heads up on this story.

[FONT=&amp]Source: [/FONT]The Times, Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm downloading the apps now, they are giving one code away each day in the Times and Sunday Times but if you have a Times+ membership you can download all the apps in one go from today.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just noticed this in the T's & C's.....

3 100,000 codes are available per app, on a first come, first served basis. Once 100,000 codes have been redeemed for each app the offer will close.

So, you had better get in quick as I can verify that there are no more than 99,999 free downloads of each app left (cos I have now downloaded a copy of each)!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow-so this is what you were saying earlier, Gabe! What a great Giveaway this is. It's like Christmas everyday for subscribers!

Great News Post, Maura! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mrcupu said:
i wish they sell the times in my country :(

Try and search for the app! I found both, Times and Sunday Times in the Austrian App Store. Perhaps you can also achieve it!

Most reactions

Latest posts