What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timelaps video

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please see this picture:
a6e3yrug.jpg

If you pull the long black lines to either end, you will make the whole video regular speed.

Do note that, as far as I can tell, this action is saved for when you go to look at the video again. As in, if you WANT slowmo, you'll have to move the lines again.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
M

MichaelMichael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marily, but I don't seem to have the blue lines, like you show above. My ipad version is 8.0.2

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, my, I seem to have really messed this up! First, I interpreted time lapse as slow motion and then showed you a slow motion video from my phone (the iPad does not even have slow motion as a stock option!). My humble apologies for confusing the issue.

So, let me start again.

And, unfortunately, the answer is that you can't fix the video. When time lapse photography is done, the camera is actually taking a series of pictures based on a set time interval. So, there are blank spaces as the camera is not constantly recording as in a video.

As there are no pictures in between each shot you do have, there is no way to smooth out the playback. It will remain jerky. Time lapse video is really just a fast slide show; the camera shutter is not open and recording all the time.

Sorry, but there's nothing to do.

Marilyn

Most reactions