What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Cook Explains Why Apple Will Never Merge iPad and Mac

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Tim Cook explains why Apple will never merge iPad and Mac.JPG

MacRumors reports today on an interview that Apple CEO Tim Cook gave to The Sydney Morning Herald recently in which he talked about why Apple will never merge iPad and Mac for a unified software and hardware platform.

“We don’t believe in sort of watering down one for the other,” Cook told The Sydney Morning Herald’s Peter Wells. “One of the reasons that both of them are incredible is because we pushed them to do what they do well. And if you begin to merge the two…you begin to make trade-offs and compromises.”

“So maybe the company would be more efficient at the end of the day, but that’s not what it’s about,” continued Cook. “It’s about giving people things that they can then use to help them change the world or express their passion or express their creativity. So this merger thing that some folks are fixated on, I don’t think that’s what users want.”

Cook added that he uses a Mac at work and an iPad at home and when travelling: “I use everything and I love everything,” he said.

Cook also explained that the first ever computer that he used was an Apple IIc, released in 1984. “I first used it for a project, as a senior in engineering school, making an inventory control program or for a rental business that was close by.”

Source: Tim Cook Insists Merging Mac and iPad Would Result in Compromises

Most reactions

Latest posts