What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiger woods, any good?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased real golf 2011 and love it, is tiger woods any better? What tournaments does it have?

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is my dear, it's a game, a bit like your angry birds except you try to put balls in holes! :)

I just want to know if it's worth 3.99...

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, Cool! Learn something new every day ~ So ~ having said that, I bump this to our Game Section.;)

Oh, and btw? I hate Angry Birds. It cheats.:D

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Oh, Cool! Learn something new every day ~ So ~ having said that, I bump this to our Game Section.;)

Oh, and btw? I hate Angry Birds. It cheats.:D

I hate real golf! It cheats too! :) thanks

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one brought this? Is it that bad? lol

I have bought it. And let me tell anyone who finds this thread...it is HORRENDOUS! :mad:

I still play it, in the hopes that the game gets better. The graphics are really pretty when they work, but there's so many bugs and glitches, that it HARDLY justifies paying full price at 6.99. Wait for a sale.

Yes. The grass is pretty. You can make your own customized golfer. Except you can't customize height, weight, frame, hair color, face, or features. You can decide with a slider how dark they are, and what color their clothes are.

Your customizable golfer starts off with zero stat boosts, meaning that he is so horribly underpowered, that there's no way you can reach the green on a par four in two strokes. He's struuuugling to get 200 yards on a full powered swing; is he 13 years old? :confused:

You get cash for getting on the green in regulation, getting birdies and eagles and what not, and making nice approaches and really long drives. You use that cash to buy more equipment which makes your player stronger.

Yet even if you play with Tiger Woods, a max rated character, there are so many glitches in the physics, which should be the bedrock of any golf game. The exact same swing, the exact same putt...it becomes a crap shoot to guess how far or how short the shot goes, or whether or not the wind will factor on the shot you are taking at that precise moment. I have been playing it close to week, and I've gotten like, three birdies.

And it's not sour grapes, either. Do the putting tutorial. Your caddy will tell you that it's a perfectly flat, easy lie. And yet the exact, exact, EXACT same shot will go short, go long, go left and go right. The unpredictability of this game, which is unforgivable, makes it more frustrating than a real round of golf.

Does the App Store do refunds? :D

f5joe

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have bought it. And let me tell anyone who finds this thread...it is HORRENDOUS! :mad:

I still play it, in the hopes that the game gets better. The graphics are really pretty when they work, but there's so many bugs and glitches, that it HARDLY justifies paying full price at 6.99. Wait for a sale.

Yes. The grass is pretty. You can make your own customized golfer. Except you can't customize height, weight, frame, hair color, face, or features. You can decide with a slider how dark they are, and what color their clothes are.

Your customizable golfer starts off with zero stat boosts, meaning that he is so horribly underpowered, that there's no way you can reach the green on a par four in two strokes. He's struuuugling to get 200 yards on a full powered swing; is he 13 years old? :confused:

You get cash for getting on the green in regulation, getting birdies and eagles and what not, and making nice approaches and really long drives. You use that cash to buy more equipment which makes your player stronger.

Yet even if you play with Tiger Woods, a max rated character, there are so many glitches in the physics, which should be the bedrock of any golf game. The exact same swing, the exact same putt...it becomes a crap shoot to guess how far or how short the shot goes, or whether or not the wind will factor on the shot you are taking at that precise moment. I have been playing it close to week, and I've gotten like, three birdies.

And it's not sour grapes, either. Do the putting tutorial. Your caddy will tell you that it's a perfectly flat, easy lie. And yet the exact, exact, EXACT same shot will go short, go long, go left and go right. The unpredictability of this game, which is unforgivable, makes it more frustrating than a real round of golf.

Thanks for your input. I was thinking of purchasing the TW game. My brother in law says the TW Masters game is incredible. I'll probably go that route.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks for your input. I was thinking of purchasing the TW game. My brother in law says the TW Masters game is incredible. I'll probably go that route.

No problem!

Since I made that review, though, there's been an update, and also I've managed to upgrade my character. It's still by far the most frustrating golf game I've ever played, but it's slowly getting better!

Most reactions

Latest posts