What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three (3) UK MiFi thing.

Avionyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these dongles? seems to be rather good.

Decent signal range?

I'd love to get one installed in the Truck and my Car. However I've read conflicting reports on if they can be used while charging.
If I had it permanently wired into a charging point in my truck, for example, would it really not work at all?

Many thanks in advance!

Alex

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one myself, from 3 Ireland, and you can use it while charging. In fact the manual says wifi range is better when plugged in.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second that opinion. It works absolutely fine while charging - no problems at all. An excellent piece of kit - great sensitivity, good battery life, hassle free set up, good and informative display, excellent options - no complaints at all.

Tim

tommicheal444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than mifi and joikuspot for nokias. I am hoping to get this kind of thing for my iPod Touch.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Works really well, size is great, battery life so so, but the design of the device itself is poor.

Bone1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a three mifi and use it with my iPod touch, I have found the battery life is better than quoted and if you are an occassional user the £2 for 500 mb which last 24 hours is a very cost effective option.

Sent from my iPad using IPF

OP
A

Avionyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that people,

I've just ordered myself two and will get them permanently wired up in the car and truck in the next few weeks and report back!

Looking forward to it now.

Alex

Most reactions

Latest posts