What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on New iPad?

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think most iPads now are either black or silver or white unless you put a colored case over it. my Mini 2 is silver on back and white in front but now its blue and green because of that case i put on it.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think most iPads now are either black or silver or white unless you put a colored case over it. my Mini 2 is silver on back and white in front but now its blue and green because of that case i put on it.
Thomas, The 12.9 inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and the iPads mini come in silver, space gray, and gold. The 9.7-inch comes in all of those, and rose gold as well. Space gray still comes with a black faceplate and gold and rose gold, like the silver, comes with a white faceplate.

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although my iPad 3 is silver I chose it with a black bezel as I learnt a long time ago that a dark frame seems to enhance any colours within it. Space grey it is then for me then when I get a new one.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A black bezel is also more desirable if you like watching video, as it fades into the background rather than a white frame, which does the opposite. Space grey is my favourite too!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Space gray here, too. But I keep a cheap clear urethane back cover on it to improve grip and protect from dents and scratches.

OP
metalcyclone

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A 10.5" iPad Pro may be worth the extra so I've decided to wait and see what materialises over the next couple of months.

I took a different route... but I didn't get the new iPad either...

Last week I went ahead and picked up the iPad Pro 9.7" wifi in Silver with 128GB. I was planning to wait for the 10.5" but wound up being too impatient. LOL... I'll probably regret it when the new Pros get announced but oh well... So far loving the tablet!!! The true tone display is a subtle difference that is truly amazing if that makes any sense... it's like the display is always the right brightness and color temperature. It's great!

I chose Silver cause my 12.9" and mini are both space gray and I needed a change.

I still think the $329 iPad is a great deal, but it just wasn't for me... at $429 for 128GB plus tax and probably a case, you're approaching Pro prices anyway... speaking of cases, I also picked up a Smart Cover in smoke gray for my new Pro and am also putting it in a sleeve I had to protect the back from scratches...

Still can't wait to see what Apple has up its sleeve with the 10.5"...

[emoji3]

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you notice much of a performance difference in general usage between the new iPad Pro and the Air 2?

OP
metalcyclone

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you notice much of a performance difference in general usage between the new iPad Pro and the Air 2?
Well, I sold my Air 2 a couple months ago but from what I can remember it was already lightning fast... So to answer your question, I guess in all honesty, no there's not much of a difference in general usage performance (for my usage anyway) between the two. Battery life has been great on the Pro too but again it was great on the Air 2 as well. The benefit for me I think would have to be in the true tone display and to a lesser extent the 4 speakers.

If we are to compare the Pro 9.7 to the new iPad though, then its worth mentioning that the Pro is also over a 1mm thinner and also lighter. That played into my decision to get the Pro as well.

But in terms of the Air 2 comparison, in terms of performance... No I have not noticed a difference. I don't really use my iPad for processor intensive tasks though, mostly reading, browsing, evernote, email, YouTube, movies and tv episodes etc. Anything heavier is done on my MacBook...

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Macworld don't like the screen on the new iPad too much so I've decided to wait and get a Pro, hopefully a new one if they don't take too long bringing it out!

Most reactions

Latest posts