Those with cameras

Discussion in 'Tech Section for Gadget's and Toys discussions' started by mikeos, Mar 24, 2012.

1. mikeos

mikeos
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    What kit are you using?

I currently use a fuji x100, it's beautiful and perfect for street photography.
    I've always been a 'one camera one lens' person, so this camera suits me fine.

Also I prefer using smaller cameras and rangefinders over slr's. Unless you're shooting landscapes, nothing beats the presiosion and quality of large format :)

2. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    A friend of mine has the x100 which is a top notch camera - works excellent in low light with that firmware update.
    I have the Panasonic GF1, use it mostly with the super small pancake 20mm f1.4 lens, but I have a 80-200 and 14-45 zoom. It's getting a bit long in the tooth now, but I sure put that little guy through some use in travel photography.
    The reason I went with this is the flexibility - while not quite pocket-able I have carried it in my pocket quite a bit. Especially when you don't want to appear like a tourist.
    As someone once said - the best camera is always the one that you have with you.

3. iDuffer

iDuffer
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sigma DP2, interesting camera. That fuji x100 does look good though!

4. mikeos

mikeos
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I had the dp2 before the x100. Great little camera, especially on sunny days.

5. Hayz

Hayz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a Sony 390 (have 2 lenses), I love taking photos, it's my escape, from the illness I have, I love photographing trees, they tell a story each and everyone one them, and it's always a different story they tell. I do have a few other cameras, but can't remember the models.

6. Czevski

Czevski
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    My camera is a Nikon p100. I bought it for the 26x lens. I use an eye-fi card with it for easy transfer to the iPad and my computer. I photograph lots of birds, but also frogs, squirrels, flowers, landscapes, and anything of interest when I'm out and about. The zoom helps to get closer without going closer. I would get one of the newer longer lens cameras, but this one is fairly new - and I'm an amateur.

7. wosiccp

wosiccp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Nikon d3100 with a af-s 35mm 1.8G lens, nice combination for photographic, street shooting.

8. moshe5368

moshe5368
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Nikon D70 with 80-200mm lens but as it gets a bit difficult to carry when rock climbing, I carry the iPad mini and shoot with it unless I need the better optics of the Nikon.

9. Richard Brown

Richard Brown
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Mine is a Canon Powershot S3 bridge camera.

It's quite compact and takes great photos. However, I'm eyeing up the Canon EOS100D. ;)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

10. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 compact non SLR with 10X zoom (28-280mm) and Leica lens. Happy with it but wanting to go back to SLR photography since having to give up my beautiful Olympus OM4Ti and OM2n system cameras and lenses for film photography. Searching, now narrowing down to a Nikon D7100, but this is a good thread for further ideas.
    Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#10 The OB, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013