What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those AntiPaders!

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like some others, the iPad 1 was my very first apple device ever. I loved it enough to replace it with an iPad 2 on launch day.

There are plenty of things that annoy me, but at the end of the day, I still generally manage to drain the battery to 30% or less... So I must still be using it quite a lot :)

No device is perfect but the iPad fills my needs for light weight, fast general electronic entertainment with no almost no need to Fix anything (like the average windows PC that requires constant maintenance).

All that said, not everyone wants or needs a tablet. Those people will NEVER understand the appeal of the iPad and you really are not obligated to make them understand.

Just smile and start playing angry birds when they start ranting. :)

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In my opinion, slavish devotion to the iPad is not a good thing. Large Companies, including Apple, have a natural tendency towards hubris and need constant prodding to keep them on the path of innovation.

I love my iPad, but there are shortcomings that I would really like to see remedied. The fact that I feel strongly about this is a sign of support for the iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion, slavish devotion to the iPad is not a good thing. Large Companies, including Apple, have a natural tendency towards hubris and need constant prodding to keep them on the path of innovation.

I love my iPad, but there are shortcomings that I would really like to see remedied. The fact that I feel strongly about this is a sign of support for the iPad.

I love my iPads, but no device is perfect. If something significantly better comes along, I'll switch. Competition is good. I see no reason to be devoted to any company, unless I own it. But I also see no reason to stand around listening to someone bashing a device I enjoy. If they don't like any device, don't buy it. Simple. I don't go around droning on about stuff I don't buy, lol.

Last edited:

jaymz77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't even like Apple , as a company, but I LOVE my iPad 2!!!!!!!!

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RAC said:

What are the short comings that you experience?
Would be interesting to hear form others about what is not quite right with their iPads.
If any thing.
I personally have no great expectations other than what it can actually do.
Daily I am amazed to learn something new.
Some times we become blaze' about something which is utterly an amazing device.

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just after I got the iPad 1 my brother got a cheap laptop. He told me it was better than an iPad AND that it was cheaper.

Recently, he got the iPad 2 and now tells me it's better than my Ipad 1.

The point is that it's only when you get an iPad (1 or2) that you really 'get it'.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The point is that it's only when you get an iPad (1 or2) that you really 'get it'.

Well, iPad isn't for everyone. No device is.

My husband never lusted after my iPad. I later got him one on clearance and he likes it fine, but he uses it only to stream audio or video when cooking. It sits in our kitchen unused otherwise. He still prefers laptops or PCs.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RAC said:

What are the short comings that you experience?
Would be interesting to hear form others about what is not quite right with their iPads.
If any thing.
I personally have no great expectations other than what it can actually do.
Daily I am amazed to learn something new.
Some times we become blaze' about something which is utterly an amazing device.

For the record, it's things like the lack of SD card slot, USB port, file system access etc (please, no "it's not a computer" replies).

I am neither an iPad fanboy nor an iPad detractor by the way, I love it for what is does but would like it to do more.

Last edited:

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All those things would be very useful.I agree.
We can talk about it and maybe apple will read the forum and make considerations in future planning.
Or not.........
But we can dream.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the advent of OTA syncing and backups plus if they could build in inductive charging then it may only be a matter of time until there are no connections on the iPad. Who knows eh?

The Archangel

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All those things would be very useful.I agree.
We can talk about it and maybe apple will read the forum and make considerations in future planning.
Or not.........
But we can dream.

They do listen, as with printer support and soon wireless synch.

It's not just me on SD card slots etc, I see references to this sort of thing regularly on independent reviews.

Most reactions

Latest posts