What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This works! Targus Stylus for Apple® iPad™

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Was Thinking of Getting Notetaker Hd

Penultimate has got great ink, no doubt about it. However, I prefer to use Note Taker HD because it allows me to do all the writing at the bottom of the screen thereby avoiding all the wrist-on-screen problems that you get with these sorts of apps (even with "wrist-protection" on).

You can easily place the text anywhere on screen, write microscopically if you wish, annotate pdfs, save/email notes as pdfs, tag your notes etc. A great app. Can't add pics yet though.

You recommend that over Penultimate? I try being on the cheap side thats why I went for Penultimate. I spend a lot of clean up before I send my notes out because the wrist-protect doesn't!

Thanks for the advice Chowdown.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is not a problem with my cloth tip fabric

It seems like the longer I use a stylus, the more it drags on the screen. Even tho it drags, it doesn't do the job unless I press really hard. This happens with all brands of rubber-tipped ones.

Roger iWand stylus. See previous note that posts a link to the manufacture's website.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought Note Taker HD and so far I think it is a great app, together with the Targus stylus.

I wonder if the brush at the end of the Roger I-Wand can make as fine a stroke as the Targus?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on the app Heaviside

I just bought Note Taker HD and so far I think it is a great app, together with the Targus stylus.

I wonder if the brush at the end of the Roger I-Wand can make as fine a stroke as the Targus?

When I use Penultimate, it has the ability to use fine, medium, broad. And you can change ink color. Because of Penultimate's ability, you can get a fine line produced out of the Targus or the Roger iWand. I think the difference though is in how hard you have to press down on either stylus to get that fine line. The Targus requires a heavier touch than the iWand--which I obviously prefer. Plus, the iWand is quiet compared to the Targus' rubber tip--it makes squeaky noises as it glides across the surface of the iPad.

Looks like I'm going to have to get the Note Taker HD, you are the second one to endorse it.

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the similar one only from boxwave. The rubber tip came off today after 3 months and out of warranty. I definitely not buying this again for $20, see if I can glue it.

Warhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picked up a Targus today it works pretty well....haven't done much with it yet. It's much better than the iConcepts iStylus (POS!) that doesn't work at all!! Lesson learned ....just because it says i"something" doesn't mean it's worth a crap.

oldwineguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the Targus also, really like the way it feels and works on the screen.

Jfusco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the similar one only from boxwave. The rubber tip came off today after 3 months and out of warranty. I definitely not buying this again for $20, see if I can glue it.

I have seen several off brands on eBay that look so exactly likt the Targus it's as if Targus just stuck this in a box with their name on it. If you liked they way it worked, check Amazon & eBay.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because of Penultimate's ability, you can get a fine line produced out of the Targus or the Roger iWand. I think the difference though is in how hard you have to press down on either stylus to get that fine line.

No. Pressure or tip size has no bearing at all on the thickness of the line you produce. Line thickness is determined solely by the choice you make in the app. You could draw a fine line with your elbow, if you wished. The issue is being able to see what you're doing. That's what would make a fine-tip stylus so useful. But apparently a fine-tip stylus is a no-go on iPad.

The rubber tip came off today after 3 months and out of warranty. I definitely not buying this again for $20, see if I can glue it.

The way I use my Targus, I'll be happy to get 3 months out it! That's 22 cents/day to make the iPad very useful to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts