This works! Targus Stylus for Apple® iPad™

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Nightstar, Aug 19, 2010.

1. texaslonghorn

texaslonghorn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hey GiPad - the Boxwave website compatibility chart doesn't have iPad listed. Does it matter which one you buy?

2. GiPad

GiPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Shouldn't, no. Anything that is a "capacitive touch stylus" will work. Here is the link to them on the Amazon site, in 4 different colors (and they're $3 cheaper than when I bought mine!) [ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=boxwave+ipad&x=0&y=0]Amazon.com: boxwave ipad[/ame]

3. GiPad

GiPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Opps..it didn't like that link. try this one (this is black, but they come in silver, red, etc) [ame=http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Capacitive-iPad-Stylus-Black/dp/B000BUI76S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1284585748&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (Jet Black): Electronics[/ame]

4. Ipadluv

Ipadluv
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Does not work with Zagg

Hi, I have a zagg screen protector and the targus stylus being rubber at the end does not work with the screen protector very well.

So, I am still searching for a stylus that works good for note taking with the screen protector on.

I use sound note to record the audio and take the notes and try using the keyboard but a stylus would make a hell of a difference.

Ipadluv

5. zombiemaster

zombiemaster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Stylus

Sounds good ill try it

6. Stefx

Stefx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I also use the Targus stylus and am looking for a screen protector film that is compatible with the Targus Stylus
    The Power Support film isn't sold in Canada, apparently

7. Jab004

Jab004
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have the Targus stylus, and really like it. I take extensive notes, and it works very well (I do not have a screen protector). I highly recommend it.

8. newpcgadgets

newpcgadgets
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Same problem

9. a.don.is

a.don.is
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have used the Targus stylus for about a week now. While I do like it's size (could be a bit thicker) and it's aesthetic design, it definitely has some weak points.

The biggest weakness is when using it for handwriting. It does indeed slide smoothly over the screen with no skipping, the rounded tip dosent make a fine enough contact to really replicate handwriting. I tried it in several diffent apps to eleminate the argument that it was the apps calibration. It feels like writing with a crayon. You have to write HUGE to make anything legible.

Now as far as drawing or anything graphic related, it's awesome! Much better than the useless Pogo. Good control and even performed good in apps that are pressure sensitive. So basically I guess it depends on what you need it for. I'm going to keep it for the art uses, but still looking for one for handwriting.

10. Stefx

Stefx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I've read somewhere that the iPad screen by nature is made to detect a "large" contact surface and determine its center, hence why there is no stylus with a fine narrow tip, such as there was on Palm Pilots styluses at the beginning of this century