What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This works! Targus Stylus for Apple® iPad™

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think I found a stylus that:

(a) Cheep!
(b) Does work!

Targus - Stylus for Apple® iPad™ - AMM01US

It uses a sold rubber "point" and does not require you to drive it though the screen like others. Also is not like the conductive foam ones. And not that expensive.

The main item is that it just works!

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks like the pogo one that I have , I really want one like this or pogo but longer. They have the right diameter but are still thinking iphone.

OP
N

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks like the pogo one that I have , I really want one like this or pogo but longer. They have the right diameter but are still thinking iphone.

I agree. But feels ok even though its short. From reviews. Sounds like mfg by a OEM and rebadgede by different companies.

Hum. Could try to extend the barrel...

One difference from the pogo. The "Click" end can take a cable tied to maybe a small wipe. May try for a high rez picture of it...

Beside the iPAd also works ok on the ZunHD. Yes like the audio quality of it.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

(a) Cheep!
(b) Does work!

It uses a sold rubber "point" and does not require you to drive it though the screen like others. Also is not like the conductive foam ones. And not that expensive.

I was wondering what was taking accessory manufacturers so long to come out with these. I had to order a Dagi stylus internationally because the Pogo (IMO) sucks. Does this one (because it is rubber) have any drag on the screen, or is it more or a very hard material? Just wondering how natural feeling it is?

OP
N

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score

(a) Cheep!
(b) Does work!

I was wondering what was taking accessory manufacturers so long to come out with these. I had to order a Dagi stylus internationally because the Pogo (IMO) sucks. Does this one (because it is rubber) have any drag on the screen, or is it more or a very hard material? Just wondering how natural feeling it is?

Very natural. Feels like part of you... Smooth movement. The tip is semi soft. Not the sponge but like a rubber tube that bends kind of feel. Had enough resistance to push the button.

If have time may shoot some video.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this looks like the same one...only by Boxwave (?)....not sure who the OEM is. This one appears to come in colors, and is more expensive...
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Capacitive-iPad-Stylus-Black/dp/B000BUI76S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282354451&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (Jet Black):…[/ame]

chewan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm yet to try any stylus for writing but my friend bought 1 China made. Its still work like finger. In that case if Targus's stylus can make small handwriting just like pen then its great. I've been trying few software to take note in mtg but finger just not work like pen...typing take longer time

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it work smoothly even with a screen protector?

Osros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find the Targus better than the Pogo. The foam tip on the Pogo just seems rough to the touch on the Ipad. The Targus has a smooth foam pad that the Ipad responds a lot better to me. I do like the Pogo size and thin compared to Targus tho. Don't get me wrong the Pogo works I just find myself picking up the Targus a lot more often. I am using a screen protector.

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up the Targus at Best Buy Friday night, and have been using it all weekend.

I like the feel. It glides across the screen very easy. It is a little onk the small side, so people with large hands will find it uncomfortable. I have tried to draw in a couple of apps I have and I don't like the way it works. I am thinking it is more the app then the stylus.

Nevertheless it is worth the price if all you do is use it to drag across the screen. Would not use it to take note at school.

iCrush

OP
N

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up the Targus at Best Buy Friday night, and have been using it all weekend.

I like the feel. It glides across the screen very easy. It is a little onk the small side, so people with large hands will find it uncomfortable. I have tried to draw in a couple of apps I have and I don't like the way it works. I am thinking it is more the app then the stylus.

Nevertheless it is worth the price if all you do is use it to drag across the screen. Would not use it to take note at school.

iCrush

The only drawing ap I have tried it on is Zen Draw. Works well with that but want a coarse drawing on it also.

Most reactions

Latest posts