What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This may be a dumb question But what is an airprinter

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry but I have seen it mentioned a few times...and saw it mentioned somewhere in an app I think....can anyone explain please..

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
clermont said:
Sorry but I have seen it mentioned a few times...and saw it mentioned somewhere in an app I think....can anyone explain please..

Oh, that's great stuff, it actually prints into the air ;)

Ok, seriously, an airprinter prints over the air, it especially enables you to print right from your iDevice without first sending it to yourself by email or so. Also you do not need to have a computer connected, as the printer gets the printjob directly from the iDevice wirelessly (therefore over the air - airprinter).

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you need an app, and I am assuming you need a wireless printer

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean to jump in, but on this topic, are there any more trusted apps vs. others for the new iPad?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the HP Photosmart 5514 printer and print from all my iDevices with no issues and no app required. I use Atomic web browser, added "print" to my action menu option and can print from any room in my house.:) Easy Peasy.

Last edited:
OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Bluetooth printer......tried print n share..but there seems to be an issue with printing from dropbox

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Netgear wireless router turns any printer on the LAN into an air printer, as long as the Netgear config app is running. My iPad sees the old Epson attached to my iMac and prints to it flawlessly. Other routers may offer similar features.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a wifi based epsom and I can hook it by USB to my wifi time capsule but I was hoping to just find a decent app that would by-pass the air print to a wifi print instead

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts