This is why I stay with Apple

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by xune, Mar 27, 2011.

1. xune

xune iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
  2. The Alternative

The Alternative iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hmm, Apple - the lesser of two evils? (At least according to this guy) He seems to have a few anger issues, as well. Violence toward innanimate objects on an hourly basis? Strange behavior IMO.
  3. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I laughed when I read that part in the article. That he sometimes wants to dropkick his Macpro across the room..lmao I would hope he was only exaggerating trying to be funny.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  4. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    To answer his (rhetorical) question about would other vendors replace a defective laptop just a few days out of warranty - well, I've used a Toshiba and an IBM (pre-Lenovo) laptops for over seven years each, with no (hardware) defects. So I'd also vouchsafe an alternate view that you do get super customer service from Apple - but only because the product needed it.
  5. jjhone076

jjhone076 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My apple trees make nice big apples, but they go spotty black before they reach maturity.
  6. k7lvo

k7lvo iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You haven't used a computer very much if you haven't had the urge to through it through the nearest window a time or two...:)
  7. donka

donka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Or played poker on one.... ;)
  8. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    nice article. i feel i need to switch!
  9. The Alternative

The Alternative iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've used and/or owned a computer in one capacity or another since 1983. While I've been frustrated at times I've never had the urge to throw it out a window or get angry at it. Now, a few of my co-workers over the years? That's a different story.
  10. Gazzaho

Gazzaho iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've owned PC computers for more years than I care to remember, in that time I've felt the urge to throw them out windows, beat them to death with parts of their own anatomy and set them on fire. I have to admit however that these urges were more down to my inability to understand the software than the computer or OS itself. Admittedly OS updates and the like can cause unforeseen headaches, but this problem isn't limited to one OS manufacturer.

There have been a few occasions where hardware failures caused the heartache, but those occasions where few and far between. Hardware, be it manufactured by Apple or whoever, is always prone to failure, it doesn't take a lot of heat to melt a solder connection for example, this could cause a short to occur only in certain conditions of use.

The writer of the piece has no problem with Apples tech support, but that's his experience, others may have differing views. I've had no real difficulty returning hardware, in fact I'm waiting replacement of a failed Belkin USB powered hub 5 years after buying it, I'm unsure if the product had a lifetime warranty or not but 5 years is a lot of time to expect a replacement, I contacted them to inquire if it was worth repairing rather than replacing and they sent an RMA number to replace it.