What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is why I stay with Apple

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alternative said:
Hmm, Apple - the lesser of two evils? (At least according to this guy) He seems to have a few anger issues, as well. Violence toward innanimate objects on an hourly basis? Strange behavior IMO.

I laughed when I read that part in the article. That he sometimes wants to dropkick his Macpro across the room..lmao I would hope he was only exaggerating trying to be funny.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To answer his (rhetorical) question about would other vendors replace a defective laptop just a few days out of warranty - well, I've used a Toshiba and an IBM (pre-Lenovo) laptops for over seven years each, with no (hardware) defects. So I'd also vouchsafe an alternate view that you do get super customer service from Apple - but only because the product needed it.

jjhone076

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apple trees make nice big apples, but they go spotty black before they reach maturity.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm, Apple - the lesser of two evils? (At least according to this guy) He seems to have a few anger issues, as well. Violence toward innanimate objects on an hourly basis? Strange behavior IMO.
You haven't used a computer very much if you haven't had the urge to through it through the nearest window a time or two...:)

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
You haven't used a computer very much if you haven't had the urge to through it through the nearest window a time or two...:)

I've used and/or owned a computer in one capacity or another since 1983. While I've been frustrated at times I've never had the urge to throw it out a window or get angry at it. Now, a few of my co-workers over the years? That's a different story.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've owned PC computers for more years than I care to remember, in that time I've felt the urge to throw them out windows, beat them to death with parts of their own anatomy and set them on fire. I have to admit however that these urges were more down to my inability to understand the software than the computer or OS itself. Admittedly OS updates and the like can cause unforeseen headaches, but this problem isn't limited to one OS manufacturer.

There have been a few occasions where hardware failures caused the heartache, but those occasions where few and far between. Hardware, be it manufactured by Apple or whoever, is always prone to failure, it doesn't take a lot of heat to melt a solder connection for example, this could cause a short to occur only in certain conditions of use.

The writer of the piece has no problem with Apples tech support, but that's his experience, others may have differing views. I've had no real difficulty returning hardware, in fact I'm waiting replacement of a failed Belkin USB powered hub 5 years after buying it, I'm unsure if the product had a lifetime warranty or not but 5 years is a lot of time to expect a replacement, I contacted them to inquire if it was worth repairing rather than replacing and they sent an RMA number to replace it.

Most reactions

Latest posts