1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

This is weird... Requesting assistance

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Etharl, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Etharl

Etharl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, thanks for viewing this thread, I'm in need of some help.

I have an iPad 2 running version 5.1.1, I jailbroke from Absinthe I believe. It has been working fine for weeks, maybe months, no complaints until last night.

I woke up in the middle of the night to check my email, I slid to unlock my iPad and I noticed my background wasn't there (it was just the green battery displaying charging with a black background)

Whenever it unlocked, I saw the iPad didn't have a dock and whenever I tried to open setting.app (or any other app but contacts, even installed apps / games from the app store) the screen turned black and it wouldn't open.

I held down an app and I could see at the very bottom of the screen an X for delete, like my dock was there just really low so I couldn't see it.

I opened Cydia and it was messed up, it barely let me click on a button, the display was whacked, and the taskbar was all different colors and flickering.

I did some research and I wanted to try to respring so after about 20 minutes I got SBSettings downloaded and it opened (thankfully) so I resprung.

After the respring everything was perfectly fine. My dock was there, apps loaded, everything. There is only one problem. Every time I turn off and turn back on my iPad it does the same thing and I have to respring.

I guess this isn't a huge issue since I found a way to get it to function normally, but does anyone know whats causing this? I don't have many apps installed or much from Cydia or the app store (currently have 10.3 GB available out of a 13.7 capacity)

If you have any questions or hints at all please post them, I'm pretty good with technology but here I'm stumped.

Thank you!
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +829 / 0
    As you state that the dock was there, but out of sight, I'm going to hazard a guess that it's nothing to do with your jailbreak, but part of the standard Accessibility options. Tapping the screen with 3 fingers will zoom in, if the option is set. Tapping again with three fingers, or rebooting, will return the screen to normal. Turn Zoom on and off in Settings/Accessibility

I've ignored a few o your symptoms, but this is my best guess. I don't jailbreak so I don't know if there are any possibilities there.
  3. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +439 / 0
    I've tried a three finger tap and I can't get it to zoom in or out - multitasking gestures is turned on. I do use the 4-finger swipe all the time though.
  4. Czevski

Czevski iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +272 / 0
    You have to have zoom turned on in 'accessibility' for this to work. (I turned this off after I accidentally used it and didn't know that I had used a 3 finger tap and needed to use it again!) The joys of playing around with the iPad!
  5. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +439 / 0
    Ok I see how it works - thanks. I turned it off again.

Attached Files: