This is too funny - CNN says Android sucks in the real world

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 4phun, Apr 21, 2010.

1. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Well like I've said, i love my droid, but the market is a mess.

2. winner00

winner00
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have the droid and it is a awesome phone. I have it overclocked to 1.2ghz so its blazing fast.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    This is another flaw in the droid...while everyone that owns an iPad has the same apple produced a4 processor, who knows what is in the droid. I can't get mine to boot over 900mhz while others have theirs at 1.3 ghz..I don't understand, you would think the hardware would be consistent.

4. winner00

winner00
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Mine is can't boot at 1.3ghz. Try different kernals. I would try the Adamz kernals.

5. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Been there done that...I did everything on my droid manually, and anything above 900mhz locks it at the boot screen...honestly I've stopped caring, I've done nothing but use my droid to stream audio and tether to my iPad since I got it.

6. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Freakin Funny: Droids Randomly Deleting All Their Text Messages

Droids Randomly Deleting All Their Text Messages

Apple has got to love that competition! I think the pain of that alternative phone is hilarious.

This is another report today on the companion site to Consumer Reports

Buncha Peoples' Droids Randomly Deleting All Their Text Messages

from Consumerist by Ben Popken

[​IMG] Maybe they are sentient after all, just like the commercials suggest, and they've decided it's time for you to move on. A slew of Droid owners are reporting that their cellphones will sometimes randomly delete all of their text messages. That's every picture of your baby your wife sent you, every hilarious exchange between you and your best friend, and every must-have address you've got stored as a text message.
    Issue 5669, a Google Code forum thread devoted to the subject, has over 337 comments on the topic, and has been starred by over 230 people. Based on the comments, a number of people have had all their texts deleted more than once. No solutions seem to be forthcoming, and the issue has been going on since at least December, 2009.

#16 4phun, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  7. dwagner88

dwagner88
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't care what any of them say. You can have my droid when you pry it from my cold dead hands. Even if there were a Verizon iPhone, I wouldn't trade my Droid for it. It has never given me any problems. In the 6 months I've had it, it has frozen a total of three times. Not a bad track record compared to most other smartphones.

And no, it doesn't delete my text messages randomly and never has.

Android has some issues, and it may never be as fluid as Apple's ecosystem (hint: it was never meant to be) but to call it "a world of hurt" is quite ignorant.

8. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    what i really like about the my old apple iphone is simple for me to get the turn by turn driveing gps directions when i need that really what i use my phone for the most for anyway.. along with a few pictures here and there of people and places here and there ..then i upload the pictures to my desktop for keeping in files of the pictures i have taken over the year.. ..

9. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Droid actually does all that better.

10. ChileRick

ChileRick
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Good point Apple seems to have a respect for the End User, and their experience. A "Blue Lego" is a reflection on the content provider, a "Flash Crash" would reflect on the device.