What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is new ... I am trying not to panic but ...

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad2 was crashing out of the mail program every time I tried to open it. it would open for a minute then close on its own. So general rule of thumb, when electronics get twitchy ... reboot so I used Sbsettings to reboot. now I am stuck watching the spinning circle for FAR too long !

HELP ?

EDIT ... when I plug it into the PC I get a cannot connect error 0xE8000065 !:confused:

Further Edit ... All is now well a reset of pad (hold home and power till screen goes black) seems to have allowed me to regain control.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt this was anything at all to do with the jailbreak as plenty of non-jailbroken iPad users have experienced the never ending spinning circle when shutting down.

I wouldn't worry about it. Something has crashed, and applications do that from time to time. You can rarely put your finger on what it was, but with the never-ending circle on shutdown it is something close to the OS which is preventing it from shutting down.

I honestly wouldn't sweat it. It isn't a portent of worse things to come. Most of us have had this once or twice.

You did the right thing. If the spinner gets stuck for more than a minute or two it is fine to hold both home and power for 10 seconds and this will reset the iPad.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts