1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

This is new ... I am trying not to panic but ...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Merk13, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Merk13

Merk13 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad2 was crashing out of the mail program every time I tried to open it. it would open for a minute then close on its own. So general rule of thumb, when electronics get twitchy ... reboot so I used Sbsettings to reboot. now I am stuck watching the spinning circle for FAR too long !

HELP ?

EDIT ... when I plug it into the PC I get a cannot connect error 0xE8000065 !:confused:

Further Edit ... All is now well a reset of pad (hold home and power till screen goes black) seems to have allowed me to regain control.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    I moved this to the Hacking section.

Tim
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    I doubt this was anything at all to do with the jailbreak as plenty of non-jailbroken iPad users have experienced the never ending spinning circle when shutting down.

I wouldn't worry about it. Something has crashed, and applications do that from time to time. You can rarely put your finger on what it was, but with the never-ending circle on shutdown it is something close to the OS which is preventing it from shutting down.

I honestly wouldn't sweat it. It isn't a portent of worse things to come. Most of us have had this once or twice.

You did the right thing. If the spinner gets stuck for more than a minute or two it is fine to hold both home and power for 10 seconds and this will reset the iPad.

Hope that helps.