This is new ... I am trying not to panic but ...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Merk13, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Merk13

Merk13 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad2 was crashing out of the mail program every time I tried to open it. it would open for a minute then close on its own. So general rule of thumb, when electronics get twitchy ... reboot so I used Sbsettings to reboot. now I am stuck watching the spinning circle for FAR too long !

HELP ?

EDIT ... when I plug it into the PC I get a cannot connect error 0xE8000065 !:confused:

Further Edit ... All is now well a reset of pad (hold home and power till screen goes black) seems to have allowed me to regain control.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    I moved this to the Hacking section.

Tim
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    I doubt this was anything at all to do with the jailbreak as plenty of non-jailbroken iPad users have experienced the never ending spinning circle when shutting down.

I wouldn't worry about it. Something has crashed, and applications do that from time to time. You can rarely put your finger on what it was, but with the never-ending circle on shutdown it is something close to the OS which is preventing it from shutting down.

I honestly wouldn't sweat it. It isn't a portent of worse things to come. Most of us have had this once or twice.

You did the right thing. If the spinner gets stuck for more than a minute or two it is fine to hold both home and power for 10 seconds and this will reset the iPad.

Hope that helps.