What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This genius is an idiot

Reaction score
I am really getting tired of using genius in the iTunes store. I browse through five pages of recommendations, find something I want to check out, then when I go back to genius it takes me to the first page of recommendations again, forcing me to go five pages forward again to get the spot I was previously. I thought the point of genius was to be smart? This is idiotic. It actually promotes not buying anything.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this so that if I'm looking at details of an app on page 5 of recommendations it will stay on page five when I go back a page?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a known 'feature'/'bug' which seems to affect a whole load of users - including me. No one has found a way around it and no one seems to know why Apple doesn't fix it....it baffles us all.

I guess it's because it doesn't affect everyone - and sometimes it works for me too.

Tim

blckz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Most of the time when I'm browsing through the app store it jumps back to page 1 after looking at an app. I've mostly given up on browsing on the iPad. Instead I look through iTunes on my computer and if I find an app that might be interesting I'll right click and copy the link and then open it in a web browser.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickso said:
Try Appshopper, this is what I use to search for apps.

AppAdvice is relly good as well, but it's not free, but I have gotten so many apps for free out of it that it is worth it.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

I'm going to get that app now!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get that problem in just the categories in the app store, I will open one to look at it, the go back to realize that it put me at the very first page again! Very annoying.

Most reactions

Latest posts