This genius is an idiot

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Shatnershairpiece, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Shatnershairpiece

Shatnershairpiece iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am really getting tired of using genius in the iTunes store. I browse through five pages of recommendations, find something I want to check out, then when I go back to genius it takes me to the first page of recommendations again, forcing me to go five pages forward again to get the spot I was previously. I thought the point of genius was to be smart? This is idiotic. It actually promotes not buying anything.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this so that if I'm looking at details of an app on page 5 of recommendations it will stay on page five when I go back a page?

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    This is a known 'feature'/'bug' which seems to affect a whole load of users - including me. No one has found a way around it and no one seems to know why Apple doesn't fix it....it baffles us all.

I guess it's because it doesn't affect everyone - and sometimes it works for me too.

Tim

3. blckz28

blckz28 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm in the same boat. Most of the time when I'm browsing through the app store it jumps back to page 1 after looking at an app. I've mostly given up on browsing on the iPad. Instead I look through iTunes on my computer and if I find an app that might be interesting I'll right click and copy the link and then open it in a web browser.

4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    I like the name of this thread! Very funny.

5. Loraco

Loraco iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to get that app now!

6. graywolf

graywolf iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    I get that problem in just the categories in the app store, I will open one to look at it, the go back to realize that it put me at the very first page again! Very annoying.