What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Forum Not iPad Friendly

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will admit up-front that this is a wind-up but...

The page navigation "buttons" are quite diffulct to use on the iPad because the "buttons" are so small.

This is an issue with the iPad in general, but perhaps this forum should design the web pages to be more iPad friendly.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Actually, I have notice the exact same thing (as I am sure we all have), but I have just gotten used to putting my thumb and index finger on the screen and zooming in on the numbers, then pinching the screen back down to normal size after I make my selection.

Other than that, this is a very friendly forum!

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Actually, I have notice the exact same thing (as I am sure we all have), but I have just gotten used to putting my thumb and index finger on the screen and zooming in on the numbers, then pinching the screen back down to normal size after I make my selection.

Other than that, this is a very friendly forum!

Same here. That's how I navigate much of the Internet these days. I don't mind at all, though I suppose iPad friendly forums might be a welcome addition to the web.

lyndabrooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it uses some open-source forum template to set up this forum. So it is not tailor-made for ipad.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most don't have to see the Flash banner ads though.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've felt the forum was not iPad friendly on the first day I got mine.
My main beef was with the smilies. For instance in an ordinary reply box the smilies are accessed through a roll down menu that you only see part of. It took me two weeks to find out that I could roll down more of that menu by dragging with two fingers.
In a reply box, smilies are limited in number so when you tap on more the page closes to open another one. Yuck! The icons look like two inches of pixelated color mess. Not cute.

If I were the owner I'd give the whole site a shakedown to change the appearance and to make it look and feel like an iPad app. Even to someone coming in on a computer.
Don't you feel it would be more relevant?

Last edited:

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uhhhm, the forum may not as ipad friendly as one would want it to be ( we all have our wants ;) )

BUT , the members are!

CHEERS!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the framework for this forum is from a company called vBulletin... a company I should have bought stock in a long time ago! I am or have been a member of at least 20 forums on a wide range of topics and ALL of them use vBulletin. It is very customize-able (I guess that's a word?), but as far as things like the page numbers, that appears to be consistent among all of them.

But as has been said, we, the members, are generally very friendly. So make your comments, ask your questions, answer some questions if you can, then get off my lawn!!!!

gran_torino_clint_eastwood.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts