What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of getting the Pro 12.9?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have my iPad Pro 10.5 inch for 2 years now, and ready to move on. Is the Pro 12.9 a good replacement, and not too big? thanks

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My advice: go to an Apple store or other location where you can put hands on the 12.9”... see for yourself.

I have the 12.9” and find it to be the perfect size for design, illustration, video, office.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My advice: go to an Apple store or other location where you can put hands on the 12.9”... see for yourself.

I have the 12.9” and find it to be the perfect size for design, illustration, video, office.
Yeah that’s a good idea, thank you.I only use the iPad for browsing, and mostly gaming.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I probably don’t need it, my pro 10.5 works great. It’s just the bigger screen sounds little better-:)
When I got my iPad Pro the only size they made at the time was the 12.5” model.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a good idea, thank you.I only use the iPad for browsing, and mostly gaming.

You’ll probably be more comfortable with the smaller iPad then. The 12.9” is less comfortable to hold. I find myself keeping it on the keyboard even when just reading and browsing, similar to a laptop much of the time. About the only time I hold it is when I want to lean back and read things like comic books and graphic novels (manga). The big screen really pays off there. But I’ve got a big belly to prop it on. Holding it up without support is tiring.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You’ll probably be more comfortable with the smaller iPad then. The 12.9” is less comfortable to hold. I find myself keeping it on the keyboard even when just reading and browsing, similar to a laptop much of the time. About the only time I hold it is when I want to lean back and read things like comic books and graphic novels (manga). The big screen really pays off there. But I’ve got a big belly to prop it on. Holding it up without support is tiring.

Last edited:
OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After watching YouTube for the IPad 12.9 3rd gen, there were a lot bending issue with this iPad. I’m not careful at all with my devices, nor would like to be stressed out by paying attention to the issue. I’ll wait for the next one, hopefully much tougher to bend.

Most reactions

Latest posts