What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about purchasing...

kre8tor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to buy a tablet. never owned one. Thinking of the mini...

Anyway...

I know apple is always inovating and I'm wondering how close they might be for the iPad mini 2. I don't want to purchase something and have be out of date within a month.

Are they close?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
then wait. there is no public information available concerning release of new products. they get announced officially, and then come out. this exact conversation happens many times a week. Please search to see if it has been covered before - because this one has.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most people believe they will introduce the mini 2 (or whatever it will be called) in the fall. It is likely to have a better screen. The wise person would NOT buy an iPad right now. Of course, there are NO guarantees on something like this...Apple typically doesn't not pre-announce updates to products (unless it s something like the Mac Pro which hasn't been updated in so long that people quit buying them).

OP
K

kre8tor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I may buy the mini and buy the new model iPad when it releases.

thanks for all the input friends.

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to a best buy store or apple store and play around with one, i bet you walk out of the store with it! You could always sell it later or pass it down to family when the newer version comes out
:eek:

jjames2484

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad mini 2 will be released in October of this year. It will be a thinner version of what is currently on the market. .20" thin to be exact, making it thinner than the iphone 5. If you're worried about a better display anytime soon, don't be. The scheduled release for the ipad mini featuring a retina display is slated for early 2014. BUY NOW!

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

joenissan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe Apple with give the mini a retina display until maybe 2014. Quite frankly, I own both the 4th generation iPad and the mini. Guess which one I'm on now....lol. I ALWAYS grab for the mini. I don't miss the retina display. This display is beautiful and just the right size. Go for the mini, you'll love it.

OP
K

kre8tor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did pick one up about a week ago and I've been loving it ever since. Thanks folks!

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd wait. The iPad Mini 1 is one heck of an awesome device. But hey, if I said that, and I also said "2 is always better than 1" some time ago, then there's only one solution......

WAIT TO GET IPAD MINI 2!!!!

joenissan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol.....I'll just sell my mini when the mini 2 is released. But I always buy when they come out. If you wait for the newest version, you'll always be waiting and never buying. You'll miss out.

Most reactions

Latest posts