What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking About Getting An iPad Mini

NewbieUser101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a 32GB iPad Mini (White) tomorrow. I've been apart of the Apple Family for a while. I like it because it's bigger than most 7'' tablets. Is it worth getting? I want a small portable tablet that I can put in my purse. I have currently have a HP Touchpad, but it's too big to bring with me everywhere. Any advice? Should I get it? All advice will be helpful! :thumbs::):)

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the iPad mini and I feel it would fit your needs quite well. It's small enough to fit in a large pocket, yet large enough to comfortably surf the internet and accommodate thumb typing.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a 32GB iPad Mini (White) tomorrow. I've been apart of the Apple Family for a while. I like it because it's bigger than most 7'' tablets. Is it worth getting? I want a small portable tablet that I can put in my purse. I have currently have a HP Touchpad, but it's too big to bring with me everywhere. Any advice? Should I get it? All advice will be helpful! :thumbs::):)

Hello NewbieUser,

Welcome to the forum. My nephew happily carried his iPad mini with screen protector in the "cargo" pocket of his shorts.

The mini is so thin and light which enhances its portability.

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk.

OP
N

NewbieUser101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking I want the 16GB instead of the 32GB because I have two tablets! I don't need 2 32GB tablets! I already haven't used all of the space on my HP Touchpad. What should I get 16GB or 32GB?

OP
N

NewbieUser101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also thank you for all of your advice! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking I want the 16GB instead of the 32GB because I have two tablets! I don't need 2 32GB tablets! I already haven't used all of the space on my HP Touchpad. What should I get 16GB or 32GB?

Personally if I were you I would go for the 32, I have more than one iPad and they are all 32's and they are now all bursting at the seams but if you think you can manage with just 16 then maybe that's best for you......but I wouldn't skimp on storage capacity.

The Archangel

Ticojpunk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say 32GB is a must if you don't want to constantly be checking your free storage to make sure you don't fill it up. Remember a 16GB has about 12 usable gigs.

You may think 16GB is enough but the iPad's abilities are always increasing and your needs will change over time. I originally got a 16GB and returned it for a 32GB. Sure enough I discovered some apps I really like that I hadn't anticipated, and I'm now sitting around 50% used. If I still had the 16GB I'd be in trouble.

I'd also try to wait til the 2nd gen is announced. I absolutely love the current mini but you stand to get a bit more tablet for your money if you can wait it out a bit.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wait a month longer for the new one at the same price.

More likely two to three months, if the rumors are to be believed. At any rate, it's very unlikely we'll be seeing new iPads at the new iPhone launch this month (also if rumors are to be believed). Still, it's only a week or two (probably), so a short wait won't hurt.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I'd say 32GB is a must if you don't want to constantly be checking your free storage to make sure you don't fill it up. Remember a 16GB has about 12 usable gigs.

You may think 16GB is enough but the iPad's abilities are always increasing and your needs will change over time. I originally got a 16GB and returned it for a 32GB. Sure enough I discovered some apps I really like that I hadn't anticipated, and I'm now sitting around 50% used. If I still had the 16GB I'd be in trouble.

I'd also try to wait til the 2nd gen is announced. I absolutely love the current mini but you stand to get a bit more tablet for your money if you can wait it out a bit.

If storage capacity is a concern, a possible solution is to purchase a wifi card reader which you can use as an external storage device to save / access your data files.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Size matters and you have time at any rate. I have two 64 GB iPad3s which are both filled (wife and self). My mini is 32 GB wifi only and i will definitely go for the 128 GB mini wifi and LTE as well. I made a downsizing mistake thinking I would only use the mini as a reader.

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my mini. Easy to carry with me and great to sit on the sofa and surf while watching TV. If I were you I'd go check one out in person, pick it up, handle it, see if you like the size. I'd go with the 32G, should be plenty of space.

nibaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an ipad mini at the same time as my friend. Beware of it's inability to connect to wifi!!! I have a mobile phone with a built in wifi modem. I tried an ipad 2 and it connected no problem. My laptops connect no problem. The ipad mini will not connect and as such ia rendered nearly useless! If you try to connect to wif such as in a well known burger chain or similar. it will not happen!!! My friend has the same problem with his. Beware!!

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an ipad mini at the same time as my friend. Beware of it's inability to connect to wifi!!! I have a mobile phone with a built in wifi modem. I tried an ipad 2 and it connected no problem. My laptops connect no problem. The ipad mini will not connect and as such ia rendered nearly useless! If you try to connect to wif such as in a well known burger chain or similar. it will not happen!!! My friend has the same problem with his. Beware!!

Ummm, I don't have that problem with mine. Software/hardware issue possibly. Ever had it looked at by an apple store?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts