What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about getting an ipad 2

megalosdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just joined. I am thinking about getting an ipad2 this week to replace my laptop, since I don't do much work on it anymore. Any thoughts on this? I have had many high end android phones on verizon and now I have an htc trophy (wp7) and I love it. However I have grown to hate android and I am looking foward to using apple. Could you guys give me the pros and cons of the ipad2? Thanks and it's cool to be here!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome megalosdog! The iPad is a mind blowing machine, perfect for a person of your background. Just buy it... :)

OP
M

megalosdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I will, can document be typed and printed with some relative ease?

Wendybuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my iPad it's great. with front and rear cameras. I hardly use my computer anymore.

mrbose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy it you will love it, but don't throw away your laptop

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I will, can document be typed and printed with some relative ease?

You never know what people are trying to print out these days; but, I suspect that you will be able to print most of what you need wirelessly.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just get one,you will love it,guaranteed.

OP
M

megalosdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going for it tomorrow, I just hope I can print documents and such...wirelessly. I saw an app called pages that claims to do it.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going for it tomorrow, I just hope I can print documents and such...wirelessly. I saw an app called pages that claims to do it.

you would be getting an iPad at a good time, hopefully the new Operating System(OS), where iDevices OS is called iOS.....iOS 5 is expected anytime soon, maybe Oct 4th, there is an iPhone event from Apple on Oct 4th, where iOS 5 should definitely be announced and released...that brings many new features.

So you will be getting an iDevice that people already enjoy on what iOS is currently installed, and will be more happy with the new iOS 5.....

Now what size are you getting? 16, 32, 64GB...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes as Poser says, it's a great time to be getting an iPad. All those new features that we will have, you'll love it for sure.

OP
M

megalosdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you would be getting an iPad at a good time, hopefully the new Operating System(OS), where iDevices OS is called iOS.....iOS 5 is expected anytime soon, maybe Oct 4th, there is an iPhone event from Apple on Oct 4th, where iOS 5 should definitely be announced and released...that brings many new features.

So you will be getting an iDevice that people already enjoy on what iOS is currently installed, and will be more happy with the new iOS 5.....

Now what size are you getting? 16, 32, 64GB...

I'm gonna get the 16 gb wifi (cheapest, I know) but it's all I need.

OP
M

megalosdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw some youtube vids and played with it in the store...those junk android tablets don't even compare.....android=trash..any way you slice it

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am sick of Android. I've had an android phone for almost two years and I'm more than ready for my upgrade - getting the Verizon iPhone 5. Enjoy your iPad once you buy it- you'll never want to go back to Android ever again!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Print-n-Share but there are others that are free and that may be better. Just do a quick search here. You do not necessarily have to have a wireless printer. Also, watch for what comes out of Cupertino tomorrow.

Good Luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts