Thinking a little ahead BUT

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Taylor263621, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Taylor263621

Taylor263621 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I may be thinking a little ahead, but just want to make sure. Currently when Iam on the road/plane etc cause i travel alot, I use a program called Wireless Tether on my Droid-x and get wireless internet through there.

~ Question I want to get the Verizon iphone4 or 5 when it comes out, I heard about MyWi and Pda.net, are they any other apps out there from Cydia or app store that you heard of that can wireless tether a hotspot signal or internet signal to my ipad? BTW my wireless tether now is 3g.

Thanks

Below is a screenshot of Droids Wireless Tether app through z4root--> market

http://www.dev-random.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/wireless-tether.png

and the root

http://cdn.softsailor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/z4root-1-500x412.png

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  2. Spink10

Spink10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know of any other apps.

3. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I believe the new iPhone from Verizon will come with a 5 user wifi hot spot, at least via rumors, also iOS 4.3 betas have that function built in. That doesn't mean for sure that it will be in the new iOS 4.3 when it's final, but everyone thinks it will be in the new iOS 4.3. So just be patient until the Verizon iPhone comes out, then we will know for sure. Some people like MyWi and others prefer Pda.net, do a search on each one and see what users have to say about each.